Connect with us

World

The US military prevents a dangerous attack on Israel

Published

on

The US military prevents a dangerous attack on Israel
  1. Homepage
  2. Policy

There are still concerns about a conflagration in the Middle East. Meanwhile, a new failed Hamas attack plan was revealed. News ticker about the war in Israel and Gaza.

  • Big attack on Israel It was planned: American intervention led to the failure of the plan
  • battle against the horror: Israel killed thousands of terrorists from Hamas and other groups
  • Fears before huge fire: Houthi rebels fire a missile into the Red Sea again
  • The information treated here is about the war in Israel and the fighting against Hamas in the Gaza Strip They come from local and international media and news agencies. Much of the information cannot be independently verified.

Update from January 15, 2:35 p.m.: A woman was killed and more than a dozen people were injured in a suspected attack near the Israeli coastal city of Tel Aviv on Monday. The local hospital said the 70-year-old woman died of her serious injuries. According to the Magen David Adom emergency service, 19 people were injured in Raanana. The Israeli police initially estimated the number of wounded at 13. According to information, a Palestinian resident of the city of Hebron was arrested as a suspect.

He is said to have hit people with several stolen cars. According to paramedics, several people with stab wounds were treated.

Update from January 15, 12:15 p.m.: After the Hamas attack on October 7, many documents were repeatedly revealed that showed the failures of the Israeli army. Now another newspaper has appeared, such as the Israeli News Portal Otherwise news mentioned. Accordingly, Israeli Major General David Zinni wrote a report five months before the Hamas attack, focusing on “extreme scenarios” such as large-scale infiltration and defensive measures against it. However, the report appears to have been ignored.

READ  Action near the Ukrainian border: a Russian train full of oil and lumber derailed after an attack

The portal quoted anonymous military sources as saying: “It is possible that General Zinni is looking to the future.” Zinni touched on the „sensitive aspects” of Israeli defense. The sources said: “We have no doubt that if the General Staff, Southern Command, and Gaza Division had responded to his criticism, everything would have been different.” Therefore, it is a „painful document.”

A major attack on Israel was planned: American intervention led to the plan's failure

Updated from January 15 at 10am: It appears that the rapid intervention of the United States after the Hamas attack on October 7 prevented another attack on Israel by Hezbollah and Iran. This was reported by the Israeli channel Keshet 12, with statements by Palestinian journalist Muhammad Dragama. There was a joint plan between Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, to attack Israel not only from the Gaza Strip, but also from Lebanon and Syria.

However, according to Dragama, the plan, which had been discussed since 2021, was not implemented because Hamas did not provide information about the timing of its attack and was not prepared to cooperate with Hezbollah and Iran at the beginning of the attack. Later, US warnings and the military mobilization of US forces – such as sending two aircraft carriers to the eastern Mediterranean – led Hezbollah and Iran to refrain from attacking. Therefore, Hezbollah changed its strategy and moved to attacks in the border area.

War in Israel: Australia calls for a permanent ceasefire

Update from January 15, 7:05 a.m.: Australian Foreign Minister Penny Wong called for a permanent ceasefire in the Gaza war. “Australia wants to see steps towards a sustainable ceasefire,” Wong said before departing on a trip to the Middle East. Wong also called for safe, unhindered and sustainable access to humanitarian aid and better protection for civilians in the Gaza Strip.

READ  The director of Bavarian Airlines is only 15 - this is how he allegedly deceived his investors

Updated from January 15 at 6:20 AMHamas publishes a video of three of its hostages. They demand that the Israeli government guarantee their release and stop the attack on the Gaza Strip. The video ends with a line of text announcing that information about the fate of these hostages will come on Monday, January 15.

The Israeli leadership continues its war on Gaza despite increasing pressure at home and abroad. So far, about 9,000 terrorists from the Islamist Hamas movement and other terrorist groups have been “eliminated.” © -/AFP/DPA

Israel killed thousands of terrorists from Hamas and other groups

First report for January 15: TEL AVIV/GAZA – The Israeli military says it killed thousands of terrorists and dozens of their leaders in the Gaza war, but is still holding more than 130 hostage. So far, about 9,000 terrorists from Hamas and other terrorist factions have been “eliminated,” according to a data list published by the army to mark the 100th day of the war on Sunday. Army spokesman Daniel Hagari said in the evening, addressing the relatives of the hostages still being held in the Gaza Strip: “We cannot measure the extent of your pain, but we know that the return of your relatives, our relatives, is our moral compass.”

Houthi rebels fire a missile into the Red Sea again

Meanwhile, the US military said that it once again intercepted a missile fired by the Houthis stationed in Yemen, south of the Red Sea. The Houthis, Israel's enemies, fired an anti-ship cruise missile on Sunday around 4:45 p.m. local time toward a US Navy destroyer, the US military's regional command in charge announced on Platform X on Monday evening. The US Air Force intercepted the missile near the Yemeni coast off Hodeidah. There were no reports of injuries or damage.

READ  Russia accidentally bombs its villages

Since the outbreak of the Gaza War, Iranian-backed Houthi rebels have repeatedly attacked ships with alleged Israeli links in the Red Sea. Large shipping companies are increasingly avoiding this important trade route. Because of the Houthis' actions, the United States and Great Britain recently attacked rebel positions in Yemen, with support from the Netherlands, Canada, Australia, and Bahrain. (talk to agencies)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

France adds „freedom of abortion” to its constitution

Published

on

France adds „freedom of abortion” to its constitution
outside miscarriage

France adds „freedom of abortion” to its constitution

was displayed

“My Body, My Choice” was displayed on the Eiffel Tower after the vote to add “freedom to abortion” to the Constitution

Source: Reuters

You can listen to our WELT podcasts here

In order to view the embedded content, it is necessary to obtain your revocable consent to the transfer and processing of personal data, as the providers of the embedded content require this consent as third-party service providers. [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to „On”, you agree to this (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Article 49(1)(a) of the GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can revoke your consent at any time using the key and privacy at the bottom of the page.

In France, Congress decided to enshrine “freedom of abortion” in the constitution. With this project, President Emmanuel Macron responded to the discussions taking place in the United States. Abortion advocates cheered after the decision in Paris.

FFrance is the first country in the world to include „freedom of abortion” in its constitution. Representatives of both houses of Parliament voted in favor of the corresponding constitutional amendment on Monday at the Palace of Versailles by 780 votes to 72. The announcement of the result was met with sustained applause.

READ  Weisser: So the Schengen area with open internal borders is in great danger

The two houses of Parliament, the National Assembly and the Senate, have already approved the bill individually. Article 34 of the Constitution stipulates “guaranteeing women’s freedom to have an abortion.”

Prime Minister Gabriel Attal spoke of the „moral guilt” of all the women who suffered. He stressed that „the suffering and memory of many, many women have haunted us for decades because of their inability to be liberated,” welcoming the „successful conclusion of a long struggle.”

Members of the National Assembly and Senate applauded after the vote in Versailles

Members of the National Assembly and Senate applauded after the vote in Versailles

Source: Agence France-Presse/Bertrand Guay

After the vote, supporters of the constitutional amendment chanted in the square opposite the Eiffel Tower. Many people watched the discussion and voted on a large screen. The Eiffel Tower sparkled in reverence. “Pride of France. A global message,” French President Emmanuel Macron wrote on X.

Opponents of constitutional change gathered near the Congress in Versailles. The Catholic Church also made clear that it continues to reject abortions. “In the era of universal human rights, there can be no ‘right’ to destroy human life,” the Pontifical Academy for Life said, according to BFMTV.

Read also

File photo: French President Macron hosts the Ukraine summit in Paris

opinion Abortion in the Constitution

The inclusion in the Constitution is primarily symbolic. Abortions up to the 10th week of pregnancy have remained unpunished in France since 1975. Pregnant women in France can now have an abortion up to the 14th week, and their health insurance covers the costs. With the initiative to amend the constitution in 2022, President Macron responded to cuts in abortion rights in the United States of America.

READ  Bombing Kiev: Moscow wants to weaken Ukraine's air defenses

The constitutional amendment document was stamped with the state seal at Versailles using a historic stamp press. It is scheduled to ceremoniously conclude again on International Women's Day on March 8.

Continue Reading

World

An explosion paralyzes train traffic in the Samara region of Russia

Published

on

An explosion paralyzes train traffic in the Samara region of Russia

As of: March 4, 2024 at 5:30 p.m

Ukraine said it caused severe damage to a railway bridge in Russia's Samara region. The railway was used to transport military materials. According to Russian information, train traffic has been suspended.

Russian information reported that a railway bridge was damaged as a result of an explosion that occurred in the Samara region, southwestern Russia, on the Volga River. The regional railway company said the accident occurred due to “interference by unauthorized persons.” Train traffic stopped.

Ukraine's military intelligence agency HUR said it disabled a railway bridge over the Chapaevka River in Russia's Samara region. Accordingly, part of the bridge structure was damaged as a result of an explosion that occurred at approximately 6:00 AM (local time, 3:00 AM CET).

HUR explained that Russia used the railway „to transport military materials, especially explosives, which were manufactured at a polymer factory in the city of Chapaevsk.” The intelligence agency added that the bridge would be out of service „for a long period of time.”

Apparently there are no injuries

According to Russian Railways, there were no casualties. The TASS news agency reported, citing emergency services, that an explosive device destroyed a column on the railway bridge over the Chapaevka River in the section between the city of Chapaevsk and the suburb of Zvezda.

“Rail traffic on this section is currently suspended,” the local railway company said. According to TASS, security forces cordoned off the area surrounding the bridge. The Russian authorities did not initially provide any information about the cause of the accident.

READ  The director of Bavarian Airlines is only 15 - this is how he allegedly deceived his investors

Production of explosives In a chemical factory

Chapaevsk is an industrial city with a population of about 70 thousand people. The most important company in the city is a chemical plant that also produces explosives. Chapaevsk is located about a thousand kilometers from Ukraine, against which Russia has been waging an aggressive war for more than two years.

Russia has announced a series of attacks on its industrial and logistics infrastructure in recent months, blaming Ukraine.

Continue Reading

World

European Union: Burbock calls for support for Western Balkan countries to join the European Union

Published

on

European Union: Burbock calls for support for Western Balkan countries to join the European Union

Foreign Minister Annalena Baerbock (Green Party) called for supporting the Western Balkan countries „with all our strength” on their path to the European Union. “We cannot afford to have gray areas anywhere in Europe, and we must do everything together to close the wings that Russia can use for its policy of destabilization, disinformation and infiltration,” she said before leaving. the black Mountain And Bosnia and Herzegovina. This includes supporting countries in “strengthening their democratic institutions, improving their resilience, and improving people’s economic prospects.”

“The fact that we support the six countries in the region with all our might on their path to the European Union has become a geopolitical necessity, especially in light of brutal Russian imperialism,” she said. We in the European Union have a „shared duty to prepare ourselves for the future while putting more chairs at the European table.”

Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina are among the so-called Western Balkan countries. These also include Albania, Serbia, North Macedonia and Kosovo. The European Union views Montenegro as the country furthest along in the accession process. The European Union is not expected to be enlarged before the end of the decade at the earliest. Bosnia and Herzegovina has candidate status, but has not yet entered into negotiations.

Montenegro's ambitious agenda

Berbock said Montenegro has been a NATO ally for years. During the EU accession process, the country set itself an ambitious agenda, which it is now boldly tackling again. Their talks in the capital, Podgorica, will also focus on how Montenegro can make better progress in reforming the rule of law and in the fight against corruption and organized crime.

READ  Action near the Ukrainian border: a Russian train full of oil and lumber derailed after an attack

In Montenegro, Prime Minister Milojo Spajic and President Jakov Milatović have been in power again since 2023, with two declaring themselves pro-European. However, Spic can only be elected with the support of small pro-Russian and pro-Serbian parties.

Divided Bosnia and Herzegovina

A meeting is scheduled to be held with the Presidency of State in Sarajevo, the capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It consists of one representative each of the Bosniak, Serb and Croat ethnic groups. A conversation will also be held with the High Representative of the international community in Bosnia and Herzegovina, German Christian Schmidt.

Bosnia and Herzegovina is divided into entities called the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (abbreviated FBiH) and the ethnic Serb part Republika Srpska (RS). The president of Republika Srpska is Serb nationalist Milorad Dodik, who seeks secession. Dodik is currently on trial in Sarajevo on charges of causing the non-publishment of the decisions of the representative of the international community in the Official Gazette of Republika Srpska. Recently, Dodik visited Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko from Russia President Vladimir Putin.

Continue Reading

Trending