Connect with us

World

President Raisi is missing – new details about the search

Published

on

President Raisi is missing – new details about the search
  1. Homepage
  2. Policy

He presses

According to official media reports, a helicopter belonging to the Iranian presidential fleet was involved in an accident. President Ibrahim Raisi was on board the plane.

Update from May 19, 10:46 p.m.: The area suspected to be the site of Ibrahim Raisi’s helicopter crash is said to be 20 square kilometres. The Iranian Red Crescent announced this via Telegram on Sunday evening. Deploying rescue workers searching the area is said to have become more difficult. Some rain in the area turned to snow, further hampering the progress of rescue workers. According to reports, the Iranian army was able to locate the signal issued by the helicopter. However, the situation is still unclear.

Update from May 19, 10:20 p.m.: After Iranian President Raisi’s helicopter crash, the media situation remains ambiguous. “We are 3 hours away from one of the possible sites of the presidential helicopter crash,” the deputy head of the Iranian Red Crescent said on Telegram.

Rescue team vehicles can be seen near the suspected site of the helicopter accident carrying Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi. © Azin Haqiqi / German News Agency

Army claims to have located key helicopter – 'hoping for good news’

Update from May 19. 9:51 PM: It appears that the Iranian army was able to determine the exact location of the helicopter in which the Iranian president is said to be located. This was reported by the American CNN network, citing the Iranian news agency IRNA. Emergency services were able to locate a signal from the helicopter and a passenger’s cell phone. The IRNA news agency quoted the commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard in the East Azerbaijan region as saying, “Military forces are on their way to the site and are awaiting good news.”

READ  The ferry in the Baltic Sea that ran aground is leaking oil again

Iranian treasury It’s likely to happen urgent meeting together

Update from May 19, 9:32 p.m.: The Iranian Cabinet met with President Ebrahim Raisi and Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian in an emergency meeting in light of the helicopter crash. The official IRNA news agency reported that First Vice President Mohammad Mujbar chaired the meeting late in the evening. Therefore, further procedures for the rescue operation were initiated. In the event of Raisi’s death, Mujbar becomes prime minister according to protocol.

65 rescue teams are now participating in the search for the helicopter crew, including the Iranian Armed Forces.

Raisi’s fate is unclear after the helicopter accident – Türkiye sends help

Update from May 19, 8:45 p.m.: The Turkish Civil Protection Agency (AFAD) announced that Iran has requested assistance from Turkey in searching for President Ibrahim Raisi. At Iran’s request, a helicopter with night vision capabilities was sent, as the authority announced on the X website (formerly Twitter). In addition, six vehicles and a search team of 32 climbers were sent.

Update from May 19, 8:30 p.m.: Several Iranian sources reported that Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi’s helicopter had been found. The Iranian Red Crescent has now denied these reports. She added, according to Iranian media, that “searches have not succeeded so far.”

Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi speaks at the awards ceremony.
Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi speaks at the awards ceremony. © Iranian Presidency Office/Imago

Possible helicopter crash in Iran: Iraq offers help in search for Raisi

Update from May 19, 8:00 p.m.: A senior official in the Iranian presidential office said, according to the news agency KnightAfter the helicopter accident of President Ibrahim Raisi, two of the helicopter passengers were contacted several times. “This shows that the accident was not very serious,” the representative told the agency.

READ  NATO gets what may be the best tank in the world

Update from May 19, 7:25 p.m.: After the disappearance of a helicopter apparently carrying Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, neighboring Iraq offered to help in the search. Government spokesman Bassem Al-Awadi said on Sunday that Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani had instructed the Ministry of Interior, the Iraqi Red Crescent and “other relevant authorities” to provide all available resources to Iran to search for the presidential helicopter.

More than 40 Rescue teams Requests helicopter from Main

Update from May 19, 7:05 p.m.: According to an Iranian government spokesman, there are currently no new developments to report in the search and rescue operations of Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi’s helicopter. The news agency quoted him as saying: “We find ourselves in difficult and complex circumstances.” Tasneem. The spokesman continued: “We now need prayers, patience and trust in rescue workers.”

Update from May 19, 6:55 p.m.: More than 40 teams are participating in the search and rescue operation for Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi, Iranian media reported, citing authorities. Meanwhile, in addition to fog, heavy rain was also reported in the accident area. This makes rescue work more difficult.

Update from May 19, 6:10 p.m.: According to Israeli Radio Kisheth 12 Diplomatic sources in Western countries believe that Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi did not survive the helicopter accident. An Iranian official told the news agency Reutersthat although they are „optimistic”, the news from the crash site is „extremely worrying”. The source said that the lives of the president and the foreign minister “are in danger.” It appears that Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdullahian was also on the plane.

READ  Nearby places evacuated: another drone attack on ammunition depots in Crimea
In this photo published by the Iranian presidential office, President Ebrahim Raisi appears during his meeting with his Azerbaijani counterpart Aliyev.
In this photo published by the Iranian presidential office, President Ebrahim Raisi appears during his meeting with his Azerbaijani counterpart Aliyev. © Iranian Presidency Office/German News Agency

incident from Presidential helicopter In the Iran

Update from May 19, 4:30 p.m.: Iranian moreThe news agency had reported that Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi was in good condition and was heading to Tubrus in a motorcade. However, the agency later deleted this message. Iranian sources mostly reported that the search for the head of state’s helicopter was continuing. Images from the area show very dense fog. This makes rescue operations more difficult, according to Iranian media. Sources close to the Iranian Revolutionary Guard asked the Iranian people to pray for the president’s health.

The first report: TEHRAN – The fate of Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi has become unclear after an “accident” involving a helicopter in the Iranian presidential fleet on Sunday. Iranian state television stated, „Unconfirmed reports indicate that a helicopter carrying President Raisi was involved in an accident in East Azerbaijan Province.” Rescue workers are on a mission to find the helicopter, but weather conditions are bad due to heavy fog in the mountainous area.

The official Iranian news agency Erna I later reported that Raisi and his Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian were among the passengers in the helicopter. Raisi visited East Azerbaijan Province in northwestern Iran on Sunday (May 19). There, together with Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, he opened a dam on the border between the two countries.

Raisi, 63 years old, has been president of the Islamic Republic of Iran since the summer of 2021. (LRG/AFP)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

NEOM: A “completely ridiculous” design with no purpose, says the professor

Published

on

NEOM: A “completely ridiculous” design with no purpose, says the professor

Photography of the line.
NEOM

One expert says that “The Line” in NEOM is a “completely crazy” project.

The futuristic city consists of two mirrored skyscrapers approximately 650 feet (about 198 meters) tall.

Architects and planners have long questioned the practicality and sustainability of the project.

This is a machine translation of an article from our American colleagues at Business Insider. Automatically translated and verified by a real editor.

The Line – a section of NEOM consisting of two mirrored skyscrapers – is one of the most prominent areas of the planned mega-city. Saudi Arabia’s plans for the futuristic city have stunned architects and designers. Also those who worked on the original designs. These giant structures have been criticized for their impact on wildlife, their suitability for everyday use and their general practicality.

Andreas Krieg is Professor at the Institute of Middle East Studies at King’s College London. He gave an interview to Business Insider and says The Line’s plans are „completely ridiculous.” “The line is an unsustainable project. It is a completely ridiculous mega-project that was never possible due to the enormous cost,” he explained. He said that while some areas of NEOM have clear goals, the central city “has no real purpose” or “use.”

The megacity will also include an octagonal floating city with a sustainable harbour, a luxury island resort and a ski and adventure mountain. “From a government trade strategy perspective, NEOM is a very viable project that has a lot to offer,” Craig said. “But you need a plan on how to implement it. So that it attracts investors. “Saudi Arabia has not done that yet,” he added.

Satellite image of construction work in

Satellite image of construction work on The Line.
Satellite image © 2024 Maxar Technologies

Plans for the mega-city have reportedly been scaled back in recent months. Originally, The Line was expected to be inhabited by 9 million people by 2030. However, according to a recent report from Bloomberg, that estimate has been reduced to fewer than 300,000 people by that point.

Planners were also concerned about the costs associated with the project. Executives working at NEOM reportedly rejected the official $500 billion figure as unrealistically low. The first 1.5 miles (2.41 kilometers) of the road alone are expected to cost more than $100 billion (about 93 euros). Two people familiar with the work told the Wall Street Journal.

“The world has never seen anything like The Line before,” Craig said. “There has never been a project that has had so much like it resources „It was gutted and served no real purpose,” he added. Additionally, Craig is not the first to question the viability of the Shining City.

Last year, British architect Peter Cook, involved in the project, described the city as „amazing absurdity”. He added that the proposed height was „a bit ridiculous and unreasonable,” according to The Architect’s Journal. NEOM representatives did not respond to a request for comment.

Read also

'Ambitious but not revolutionary’: This is what city planners say about Saudi Arabia’s $1 billion NEOM project

READ  The ferry in the Baltic Sea that ran aground is leaking oil again
Continue Reading

World

Putin’s peace offer in Ukraine war is merely a 'revival of National Socialism’

Published

on

Putin’s peace offer in Ukraine war is merely a 'revival of National Socialism’

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky rejected Russian President Vladimir Putin’s offer for peace negotiations. He compared the Kremlin’s actions to the policies of Adolf Hitler in the Third Reich.

In an interview with the Italian news channel Sky TG24 Zelensky explained that the offer was an ultimatum that would not differ from previous ones. “What he is doing is reviving Nazism,” Zelensky said. Therefore, Putin wants Ukraine to give up the territories occupied by Russia, but at the same time he is interested in the unoccupied territories. According to Zelensky, Putin has no intention of ending the war. A frozen conflict will not be possible.

The Ukrainian head of state cited the partition and annexation of Czechoslovakia by Adolf Hitler in 1938 as an example of this approach. The German dictator at the time claimed that the Sudetenland was Nazi Germany’s last territorial demand – which ultimately turned out to be just that. to lie.

About Zelensky’s statements The Kyiv Independent website also reported.

Zelensky’s advisor: The proposals do not end the war in Ukraine

Mykhailo Podoliak, Zelensky’s advisor, commented In a post on X And also Putin’s demands. Russian claims on Ukraine would amount to Ukraine ceding its territory, giving up its sovereignty and leaving itself unprotected. He also stressed that the peace proposals are not new and that they will not end the war.

Giving up territory and not joining NATO: this is what Putin demands

On Friday afternoon, Putin made the withdrawal of Ukrainian forces from four regions and renunciation of NATO membership a condition for peace negotiations. Putin told Russian Foreign Ministry executives that once Kiev begins withdrawing from the Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhia regions and formally abandons its plans to join NATO, „we will cease fire immediately, literally in the same minute, and start talks.” .

READ  NATO gets what may be the best tank in the world

Putin called on Ukraine to hand over these areas, which are partially occupied by the Russian army, to Russia. Moscow announced the annexation of Ukraine’s eastern and southern regions in September 2022. For Kiev, these conditions represent an effective demand for surrender. (With AFP)

Good morning, Berlin
the news

Thank you for registering.
You will receive a confirmation via email.

Continue Reading

World

Ukraine War: Ukraine and NATO reject Putin’s ceasefire conditions

Published

on

Ukraine War: Ukraine and NATO reject Putin’s ceasefire conditions

the Ukraine He rejected Russian President Vladimir Putin’s conditions for a ceasefire and peace negotiations, describing them as „eyewash.” “There is nothing new, no real peace proposals and no desire to end the fighting,” Ukrainian presidential advisor Mykhailo Podlyak wrote on Channel X. One must stop taking Russia’s „proposals” seriously, which contradict common sense.

It was before Put it in He told Russian Foreign Ministry executives that his country would „immediately cease fire and begin talks” if Ukraine withdraws from the Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions and renounces NATO membership. Ukraine should also fully hand over to Russia the areas partially occupied by the Russian army.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba described Putin’s statements as ridiculous. Kuleba said that Putin’s goal is to mislead the international community.

The United States government does not want peace through dictatorship

Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg He said at the conclusion of a meeting of defense ministers in Brussels that Putin’s conditions „are not a peace proposal” but „a proposal for more aggression and more occupation.”

US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin accused Putin of wanting to „dictate” peace to Ukraine. Putin has occupied Ukrainian territory in violation of international law and has been unable to tell Ukraine what to do to reach a solution. Austin said: “We do not want the leader of a country to wake up one day and decide to erase his neighbor’s borders and annex his lands. This is not the world we all want to live in.”

Ukraine demands the complete withdrawal of Russian forces

Ukraine is conducting a complete withdrawal of Russian forces from its internationally recognized territory, including in 2014. Russia Annexation of Crimea as a condition for possible peace negotiations.

READ  Up to 190 UN actors affected: 7 October: Participation of UNRWA staff is greater than expected

Sahira Wagenknecht finds Putin’s demands „understandable”

On the other hand, BSW President Sarah Wagenknecht called for openness to Putin’s conditions. Wagenknecht said Ukraine and the West must „avoid the historical mistake of crudely dismissing signals from Moscow as unrealistic maximum demands.” Instead, Putin’s initiative should be treated “with due seriousness” and seen as a starting point for negotiations.

Wagenknecht said that Ukraine’s permanent non-nuclear status and renunciation of NATO membership are „understandable demands from Russia.” It is „in Europe’s existential interest to find a compromise now to avoid the risk of a major European war.” The G7 heads of state and government must respond quickly to this offer.

At the end of the week, representatives of more than 90 countries and organizations want to speak in Switzerland about the possibilities for achieving peace in Ukraine. Russia does not participate.

Continue Reading

Trending