Connect with us

World

Missing Window: Alaska Airlines prevents Boeing 737 MAX 9 from taking off

Published

on

Missing Window: Alaska Airlines prevents Boeing 737 MAX 9 from taking off

As of: January 6, 2024 at 12:40 PM

It's a nightmare scenario: In mid-air, an Alaska Airlines Boeing loses a window and parts of the fuselage explode. None of the 171 passengers were injured. The airline is now testing all aircraft of this type.

After a window and parts of the fuselage of a Boeing 737 MAX 9 broke during flight, the American company Alaska Airlines decided to ground all its aircraft of this type for the time being. Ben Minicucci, the company's CEO, said that as a precaution, each of the 65 planes will be carefully inspected before being allowed to fly again. He is very sorry to the people who were on board the plane that had to make an emergency landing on Friday (local time). Each machine will not be restarted until the scan is complete.

LiveATC.net reported that shortly after the plane took off from Portland, Oregon, the pilot reported an emergency with a sudden loss of cabin pressure. A passenger sent KATU-TV a photo showing a hole in the side of the plane next to several seats. The window was also torn.

A photo taken by a passenger shows the interior of an Alaska Airlines Boeing 737-9 MAX after an emergency landing.

Emergency at an altitude of 4800 metres

According to flight data, the Boeing plane was at an altitude of 4,876 meters at the time of the accident. According to the FlightAware website, the plane, which was carrying 171 passengers and six crew members, returned to Earth 19 minutes after take-off. Media reported that there were only a few minor injuries.

READ  The war against Hamas must continue

Passenger Evan Smith told KATU-TV that there was a loud bang in the back left corner of the plane. “There was a hissing sound and then all the oxygen masks fell off immediately.” Due to the equalization of pressure, the shirt of the boy who was sitting with his mother next to the torn window was torn off and he came out of the machine.

weAviation Authority The FAA wants to investigate the incident

The Boeing 737 MAX 9 rolled off the assembly line just two months ago and has been used on scheduled flights since November 11, according to online records from the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). According to FlightRadar24, it has been used 145 times since then.

The Federal Aviation Administration said it would investigate the case. Boeing promised to cooperate with the agency and said it was collecting additional information.

Already huge problems with MAX planes

Boeing's MAX series has made many negative headlines in the past: In 2018 and 2019, two MAX 8 planes crashed, killing a total of 346 people. As a result, a global flight ban was imposed on all Max 8 and Max 9 aircraft for approximately two years. The planes were not allowed to take off again until Boeing modified the automatic flight control system that was involved in the accident.

Last year, deliveries of the MAX were temporarily halted to correct manufacturing errors. In December, the company asked airlines to inspect planes for a loose screw in the rudder control system.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Great Britain: Sunak wants to deport people „without conditions or reservations.”

Published

on

Great Britain: Sunak wants to deport people „without conditions or reservations.”

As of: April 22, 2024 at 2:29 p.m

Despite the temporary injunction, Supreme Court decision and harsh criticism: British Prime Minister Sunak wants to adhere to the controversial deportation agreement with Rwanda in all circumstances.

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak wants to ignore orders from the European Court of Human Rights regarding his asylum deal with Rwanda. This was stated by the conservative politician at a press conference in London shortly before the start of new discussions in Parliament on his deportation law. Sunak said that he does not believe that his country is contravening international law.

The asylum agreement with Rwanda stipulates that migrants who have arrived illegally should not be given the opportunity to apply for asylum in Great Britain. Instead, regardless of their origin, they should be brought to Rwanda and apply for asylum there. There are no plans to return to Great Britain. The British House of Commons approved the law in mid-January.

The first plane is scheduled to take off within twelve weeks

According to the government, the regulation aims to prevent people from making dangerous journeys across the English Channel in small boats. “Once the law is passed, we will begin the process of deporting those scheduled on the first flight,” Sunak said. The first plane is expected to take off within ten to twelve weeks.

The government had previously announced the first departure for the spring semester. Sunak said commercial charter flights had been booked for deportations. In addition, hundreds of clerks and judges were selected to handle potential lawsuits.

READ  The war against Hamas must continue

They met until the law was passed

The only flight that was supposed to take off to Rwanda was stopped at the last minute in June 2022 by an injunction from the European Court of Human Rights. A year later, Great Britain's highest court declared the asylum agreement illegal.

The deportation law now aims to overturn this ruling. The draft law is currently pending between the House of Representatives and the Senate, as most of them have reservations about it. However, Sunak instructed his party's MPs in both houses to sit on Monday for it to be passed. He ruled out making any concessions. “There is no answer or question, these flights will take off to Rwanda,” the Prime Minister said.

Criticism from almost all sides

The opposition, as well as human rights activists, strongly criticize the project. But the deal is also controversial among Sunak's Conservatives. Hardliners within the Prime Minister's Conservative Party say the government's bill does not go far enough – and the Conservative Liberals, in turn, fear that Great Britain will violate international law.

Continue Reading

World

According to Russia, the United States faces humiliation in Ukraine

Published

on

According to Russia, the United States faces humiliation in Ukraine
  1. Homepage
  2. Policy

He presses

The United States decided to provide billions more in aid to Ukraine. Russia warns of an exhausting war, such as what happened in Vietnam or Afghanistan.

Moscow – The US House of Representatives approved on Sunday a billion-dollar aid package for Ukraine after months of deadlock in the House of Representatives: Washington is investing an additional $60.84 billion against Vladimir Putin. Moscow's leadership responded to the decision with a warning.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova said loudly that Washington would start a hybrid war against Moscow that would end in humiliation similar to the conflict in Vietnam or Afghanistan. Reuters. Above all, Washington's money would keep the United States embroiled in an exhausting, protracted conflict with losses for both sides.

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Sakharova with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov. © Imago/Russian Foreign Ministry

The United States does not want to send armed forces, but Russia warns against escalation

Zakharova also said that Russia would provide an “unconditional and decisive response” if the United States becomes more involved in the Ukraine war than before. Even if the United States once again rules out sending its or NATO forces to Ukraine. The United States clearly wanted to fight Ukraine “to the last Ukrainian” – including launching attacks on Russian territory and civilians.

CIA Director William Burns warned last week that Ukraine may lose on the battlefield without more American military support, but with this support, Ukrainian forces can survive this year.

Relations between the United States and Russia are worse than they have been since the Cuban Missile Crisis in 1962

According to Russian and American diplomats Reuters A large-scale invasion of Ukraine in 2022 sparked the worst conflict in relations between Russia and the West since the 1962 Cuban missile crisis.

READ  Getting into Hamburg Terminal: China has only one noteworthy backer of port plans: SPD

In any case, the United States wants to prevent scenarios like those that occurred in the Vietnam War between 1955 and 1975. They lost more than 58 thousand soldiers and killed hundreds of thousands of civilians. The exhausting war ended with the victory of communist North Vietnam and the capture of the South. (M)

Continue Reading

World

Ukraine destroys Putin's factory – the factory is located 1,300 kilometers across the border

Published

on

Ukraine destroys Putin's factory – the factory is located 1,300 kilometers across the border
  1. Homepage
  2. Policy

He presses

During the Ukraine war, drones repeatedly penetrated deep into Putin's territory and caused massive damage. An aircraft factory has recently been targeted.

MOSCOW – Although Kiev has to rely primarily on the defensive side of the front in the Ukrainian war, long-range drones can frequently penetrate deep into Russian territory. Now it seems that another strike has been achieved – and this one has achieved everything. On Wednesday (April 17), Ukrainian drones appear to have struck a fighter jet factory in the Tatarstan region.

The Gorbunov Aircraft Factory produces the important Russian Tu-22M and Tu-160M ​​bombers, which have been repeatedly used against Ukrainian cities and sites since the beginning of the Russian invasion. The military factory is located 1,300 kilometers from the Ukrainian border – deep in the heart Russia. That is why such an attack is doubly painful for the Russians. Drone attacks bring the conflict to the aggressor's country and also make it clear to the people of Russia: the Tsarist Empire is at war.

Various drones at a Ukrainian defense industry event. © imago/bahmutbuffalo/ukrinform/abaca

The Russian Ministry of Defense denies the attack: no damage was caused to Putin's factories

The Ukrainian army is still assessing the extent of the damage caused Kyiv Post mentioned. Meanwhile, the Russian Ministry of Defense denied that the factory was damaged, only reporting that two drones had been successfully shot down over the Tatarstan and Mordovia regions. Russian news agency TASS He announced that the terrorist drone attack on factories located on Russian territory had been repelled. The head of the Mordovia region thanked the “defenders of the sky for their work.”

READ  Corona News: “Controlling the illusion in the Oekron wave – Politics ..

Ukraine relies on attacks against Russia's oil industries and wars

It was another Kyiv On April 2, the Shahed drone factory in the Tatarstan region was hit. A video recording showed a converted Cessna plane colliding with the factory buildings and exploding spectacularly, turning into a ball of flame. In addition to the Russian military industry, the Ukrainians have also repeatedly targeted oil depots and refineries in order to stop Vladimir Putin's oil exports.

These attacks hit Putin twice. On the one hand, the Russian autocrat had to impose an export ban, and on the other hand, precious oil was also necessary for the war. Fuel keeps tanks and machinery running, and without continuous production, the Russian army would stand still.

A Ukrainian intelligence source said Kyiv Post With: “We continue to work systematically to ensure that Russia has fewer and fewer options to continue its aggressive war against Ukraine An attempt is being made to stop the flow of Putin's „petrodollars” into Russia's war treasury. (sicher)

Continue Reading

Trending