Connect with us

World

Israel News: ++ Hezbollah fires missiles at Israel ++

Published

on

Israel News: ++ Hezbollah fires missiles at Israel ++

DrAn Israeli military spokesman described the military structure of the Islamic Hamas movement in the northern Gaza Strip as disjointed. Hamas spokesman Daniel Hagari said on Saturday that before the war began three months ago, Hamas had two brigades of 12 regiments in the northern coastal sector. “In total there were about 14,000 terrorists,” Hajjari said. Since then, many leaders have been killed and weapons and ammunition destroyed. The soldiers found underground tunnels and demolished them.

Hajari said that in the Jabalia refugee area in the northern part of the Gaza Strip alone, eight kilometers of underground tunnels and 40 entrances were found. Hamas no longer operates in an organized manner in this area. “There are still terrorists in Jabalia, but now they are acting without a framework and without leaders.” But he expects sporadic missile attacks on Israel from this region to continue.

The army is now focusing on destroying Hamas buildings in the central and southern Gaza Strip. Hagari stressed that this will take time and the fighting will continue throughout the year.

The Israeli ground operation in the Gaza Strip

Source: OpenStreetMap; The world of infographics

Read also

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

All developments in the live stream:

7:33 pm – Thousands of Israelis in new protests against Netanyahu

Thousands of people participated in protests in Israel against right-wing conservative Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Demonstrators in the coastal city of Tel Aviv and the coastal city of Haifa called for Netanyahu's dismissal and new elections on Saturday evening. Protesters in Tel Aviv chanted “We will not surrender” and “Evil government” as they marched through the city centre.

Last year, repeated mass protests broke out against the highly controversial judicial reform that Netanyahu's religious-right government wanted to implement. After the massacre committed by the Islamist movement Hamas and other groups in the Israeli border area on October 7, and the ensuing war in Gaza, protests have largely stopped.

2:37 PM – Borrell: It is not permissible to drag Lebanon into the conflict

According to European Union foreign policy chief Josep Borrell, Lebanon should not be dragged into the Middle East conflict. Borrell said during a visit to Lebanon that no one emerges victorious from the conflict in the region. The increasing bombing across the border between Israel and Lebanon is worrying.

READ  Trump and Biden on the border: two visits and different messages

12:00 noon – Hezbollah fires dozens of missiles at Israel

The Lebanese Hezbollah militia fired dozens of rockets at Israel on Saturday. The Shiite militia said that an Israeli base in Mount Meron was attacked with 62 missiles and casualties were recorded. This is an initial reaction to the killing of Hamas official Saleh Al-Arouri in Beirut.

Israel reported firing about 40 shells, but did not mention any casualties. In return, the Hezbollah site that fired the missiles was attacked.

11:49 AM – Gaza: More than 22,700 Palestinians killed

In the Gaza Strip, at least 22,722 people have been killed in Israeli attacks since the start of the war, according to the Hamas-controlled health authority. Nearly 58,200 other people were infected. According to authorities, 122 people were killed and 256 injured in the past 24 hours alone.

Read also

Author_Jennifer_Wilton_23

10:54 AM – Security company Ambry reported an incident in the Red Sea

British maritime security company Ambrey said it had received a report of an incident in the Red Sea. Ambre says this happened in the Bab al-Mandab Strait, but he did not give any details. Crews on commercial ships traveling in the area are asked to remain on deck as little as possible. Embry says only essential crew members should be on the bridge of ships.

Bab al-Mandab is the strait that connects the Red Sea to the Gulf of Aden, which then continues to the Arabian Sea, a marginal sea of ​​the Indian Ocean. Important commercial shipping routes pass through the Red Sea. The Houthi rebels in Yemen, the Red Sea country allied with Hamas, have repeatedly attacked commercial ships they claim are linked to Israel.

05:10 AM – Famine in Gaza? Israel contradicts the UN narrative of horror

While relief organizations in the Gaza Strip talk about an imminent famine, the Israeli army presents the situation differently: “According to our assessment, and based on our discussions with the United Nations and other humanitarian organizations, there are sufficient food supplies in the Gaza Strip.” Elad Goren is the competent authority in managing government business.

READ  Mafia boss Edgardo Greco arrested after 16 years on the run News

“We are also seeing improved access to water and food.” However, in order for more aid to reach the coastal area closed by Israel, the United Nations and other relief organizations must “urgently” increase their capacity to receive and distribute aid.

On the same day, the head of the United Nations Emergency Relief Office, Martin Griffiths, described the situation in Gaza as increasingly tragic. He added: „Gaza has become a place of death and despair.” “The past 12 weeks have been traumatic, especially for children,” the UN emergency aid coordinator said. “No food. No water. No school. Nothing but the terrible sounds of war, day after day.” Griffiths explained that the Gaza Strip has simply become “uninhabitable.”

2:01 AM – Israel wants to avoid genocide charges in South Africa

A media report said that Israel wants to intensify international pressure against the genocide lawsuit filed by South Africa before the International Court of Justice in The Hague in the Gaza war. The goal is to avoid a court order to stop the fighting immediately, the Axios news portal reported, citing a copy of a cable from the Israeli Foreign Ministry to its embassies abroad. The embassies will be asked to persuade local diplomats and politicians to issue a statement against the lawsuit brought by South Africa. Hearings in the case are scheduled to be held before the court next week.

Read also

Author photo Mathias Döpfner Mathias Doepfner Chairman of the Board of Directors of Axel Springer SE

Three months after the start of the war in the Gaza Strip against the Islamic Hamas movement, Israel must bear responsibility for the ongoing military operation before an international court for the first time. South Africa filed a lawsuit against Israel before the highest court of the United Nations, accusing it of committing genocide. The court scheduled hearings for January 11 and 12. UN court rulings are usually binding. However, judges do not have the power to force the state to implement it.

READ  Cities sound the alarm and demand the government close the Balkan road | Policy

11:21 PM – The United States offers ten million dollars in exchange for information about Hamas financiers

The US State Department said the United States is offering up to $10 million to anyone who provides information on five Hamas financiers or anything that disrupts the financial mechanisms of the Palestinian armed group. The ministry said that the five individuals are Abdel Basset Hamza Al-Hassan Khair, Amer Kamal Sharif Al-Shawa, Ahmed Sadu Jahlab, Walid Muhammad Mustafa Jadallah, and Muhammad Ahmed Abdel-Dayem Nasrallah, all of whom were previously designated by the United States as global terrorists. In the current situation.

Read also

Fighters from the Al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas

10:56 PM – Israel defends scheduled investigation into its failures

The Israeli military is defending itself against intense criticism from some far-right ministers over a planned Hamas investigation to come to terms with its mistakes that made the October 7 Hamas massacre possible. Army spokesman Daniel Hagari said Friday evening that the army must learn from its mistakes. He stressed that the investigation has not yet begun. According to the information, this is an internal investigation in which former defense officials will also participate. According to Hagari, the results of the treatment should be published.

According to Israeli media reports, a heated debate took place at an Israeli Cabinet meeting on Friday evening. Extremist right-wing ministers strongly attacked Chief of General Staff Herzi Halevy after he announced the formation of a committee to address the army's mistakes.

Read also

Cabinet members criticized the timing because fighting in the Gaza Strip is still ongoing. The appointment of former Defense Minister Shaul Movas, who oversaw the Israeli withdrawal from the Gaza Strip in 2005, to head the committee was also met with sharp protests. A number of extremist right-wing ministers are currently calling for the repopulation of the Gaza Strip after the war. Defense Minister Yoav Galant rejects this.

Here you will find content from third parties

In order to view the embedded content, it is necessary to obtain your revocable consent to the transfer and processing of personal data, as the providers of the embedded content require this consent as third-party service providers. [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to „On”, you agree to this (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Article 49(1)(a) of the GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can revoke your consent at any time using the key and privacy at the bottom of the page.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Cavalry: Runaway army horses gallop through London

Published

on

Cavalry: Runaway army horses gallop through London

At least two British Army horses galloped through central London on Wednesday morning. Pictures and videos circulating online showed how they were tied up and bound the animals Run through crowded streets dodging buses, taxis and cars. One of the animals appears to have a bleeding wound on its chest.

According to police in the financial district British capital The terrified officers were finally able to capture the animals. They should then be taken to a veterinarian by army representatives. Consequently The Daily Telegraph Up to five military horses have dumped their riders during a morning exercise. At least one soldier was injured.

Number of wounded

An army spokesman confirmed that several horses withdrew during routine morning training. All animals were captured and returned. A number of army personnel and a number of horses were injured and are receiving medical treatment.

The emergency service said it was called to an operation near Buckingham Palace that morning due to a rider falling from a horse. In total, there were ambulance missions to three different locations in London, and four people were taken to hospital.

Many army regiments maintain riding stables in the British capital. Army horses are a common sight around government buildings, in Hyde Park, and near Buckingham Palace.

Continue Reading

World

Sell ​​or ban: USA gives TikTok an ultimatum

Published

on

Sell ​​or ban: USA gives TikTok an ultimatum

As of: April 24, 2024 at 5:28 AM

Short video app TikTok has to separate from its Chinese parent company Bytedance in the USA. The Senate also decided on this matter. The company now has one year – otherwise there is a risk of being banned.

The Senate also approved the US law aimed at forcing a change in ownership of the short video app TikTok. This means that it is now on the table of President Joe Biden, who previously announced that he would sign it.

China-based Bytedance Group will have a maximum of one year to separate from TikTok. Otherwise, the app should be banned from US app stores. It is unclear whether the plan can hold up in US courts. A previous threat to ban it there failed.

Accusation of influence peddling

The Senate approved the bill overnight by a large majority of 79 votes to 18. Bytedance is seen across all parties in the US as a Chinese company that should bend to the will of the Chinese Communist Party. That's why there are warnings that Chinese authorities may gain widespread access to data from American users – as well as use the platform for political influence. TikTok has denied this for years.

“For years, we allowed the Chinese Communist Party to control one of the most popular apps in America, and that was dangerously short-sighted,” said Senator Marco Rubio, the top Republican on the Intelligence Committee. “A new law will force the Chinese owner to sell the app. This is a good thing for America.”

READ  Russia under pressure in Ukraine war

This law, which was passed for the second time in the House of Representatives a few days ago, this time forms part of a package aimed, among other things, at enabling new aid to Ukraine, which is under attack from Russia. That's why it passed through the Senate so quickly on the second try.

TikTok: Not a subsidiary of a Chinese company

The law puts Biden's Democrats in a dilemma: on the one hand, the president wants to take a tough stance on China, and on the other hand, the app is popular among young users, whose votes he needs to be re-elected in November. The Biden campaign team only opened a TikTok account this year.

TikTok confirms that it does not see itself as a subsidiary of a Chinese company. Bytedance is 60% owned by Western investors. The company's headquarters are located in the Cayman Islands in the Caribbean. However, American politicians counter that the Chinese founders, with a 20% stake, have maintained control thanks to higher voting rights and that Bytedance's headquarters are in Beijing, where they cannot escape the influence of the authorities.

TikTok has not yet commented directly after the vote. The company had already announced over the weekend that it wanted to take legal action against the law.

US courts blocked a similar ban attempt

TikTok claims to have 170 million users in the USA. During his US presidency, Donald Trump attempted to force the sale of TikTok's US business to US investors with threats of bans.

But the plan failed primarily because US courts suspected that plans to ban TikTok violated the freedom of expression enshrined in the US Constitution. An existing law in Montana that was supposed to ban TikTok from app stores there has also been suspended. Trump has now backed away from calls for a ban.

READ  Freed from captivity: Bright reports on torture methods used by the Russians

Continue Reading

World

Corruption allegations against Ivanov: Russian Deputy Defense Minister arrested

Published

on

Corruption allegations against Ivanov: Russian Deputy Defense Minister arrested

Corruption allegations against Ivanov
Arrest of the Russian Deputy Defense Minister

Listen to the material

This audio version was created artificially. More information | Send your opinion

One of Russia's deputy Defense Minister Shoigu is accused of accepting bribes. 48-year-old Timur Ivanov has now been arrested. Kremlin critic Navalny, who died in custody, had already accused him of unfair tactics in 2022.

More than two years after the start of the war, one of Russia's deputy defense ministers was arrested. The Russian Investigative Committee said on the Telegram application that Timur Ivanov is suspected of accepting bribes. The authority did not provide any details. He is accused of accepting bribes of at least 1 million rubles, or at least a little less than 10,000 euros, the state agency TASS reported. He faces up to 15 years in prison.

According to media reports, Ivanov, who has held this position since 2016, was primarily responsible for construction projects in the Ministry of Defense – including in the occupied eastern Ukrainian city of Mariupol, which was completely destroyed by the Russian army itself during the siege in the first months of 2016. War in 2022.

Navalny accused Ivanov two years ago

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu has twelve deputies. Corruption allegations against the 48-year-old Ivanov had already been raised after the start of the war by the team of Kremlin opposition figure Alexei Navalny, who has since died in custody: In research published at the end of 2022, Kremlin opponents accused Ivanov of building estates in several regions. Russian by contractors funded by the Ministry of Defense.

Other investigative media also revealed corruption schemes by the Russian Ministry of Defense as part of the reconstruction of Mariupol. Dmitry Peskov, spokesman for Russian President Vladimir Putin, said after the arrest that Putin and Shoigu had been informed.

READ  Reports of Ukraine attack: Ukrainians report screaming
Continue Reading

Trending