Connect with us

World

Medicines for Israeli hostages arrive in Gaza

Published

on

Medicines for Israeli hostages arrive in Gaza
  1. Homepage
  2. Policy

There is progress in humanitarian aid in Gaza. Meanwhile, conflict fronts are hardening in the Middle East. All developments in the news feed.

  • Humanitarian aid: Medicine for Israeli hostages in the Gaza Strip
  • German military weapons: Israel gets 20 million euros to fight Hamas
  • The information treated here is about the war in Israel and the fighting against Hamas in the Gaza Strip They come from local and international media and news agencies. Much of the information cannot be independently verified.

Update from January 18 at 7:30 a.m.: With Qatari-French mediation, an agreement was reached between Israel and Hamas regarding the delivery of medicines. Red Crescent officials said that two Qatari planes carrying relief supplies landed yesterday in the border city of Al-Arish. Some of the drugs are also said to be intended for Israeli hostages.

Yesterday, shipments of medicines that had been expected for weeks arrived in Egypt. © Ministry of Foreign Affairs Qatar / AFP

It is an agreement built on trust: Qatar has guaranteed the distribution of supplies to hostages in the Gaza Strip. Israeli officials admitted that they had no idea about the deal. the Information from the Minister of Foreign Affairs From Qatar Dr. Majed Al-Ansari, the medicines have already been transferred to the Gaza Strip. It is not known whether the shipments actually reached the hostages. The relatives demanded proof of delivery.

The United States attacks the Houthi rebels in Yemen again

Update from January 18, 5:00 a.m.: US forces once again attacked Houthi rebel positions in Yemen. The responsible US regional command, Central Command, said on Thursday night that the attacks targeted 14 Houthi missiles that were prepared to be launched by the militia.

READ  Doubts are growing about the success of the Ukraine war in Russia

“These launched missiles posed an imminent threat to commercial and US Navy ships and could have been launched at any time,” the Regional Command said. The US Armed Forces exercised their “right and obligation” to defend themselves.

The media in the United States of America and Yemen had previously published news of renewed attacks. This is the fourth attack launched by American forces on the positions of the Iranian-backed Houthi militia in less than a week. Al-Masirah TV channel, run by the Houthis, spoke of the renewed “American-British aggression.” The targets included the coastal city of Hodeidah and the city of Tess.

Israel News: Two gunmen were killed in the southern Gaza Strip

Update from January 17 at 11:15 p.m.: The Israeli army says it killed a large number of activists in the southern Gaza Strip. Army spokesman Daniel Hajary said in a televised statement that the armed forces killed more than 30 militants in an operation in the city of Khan Yunis during the past 24 hours. The army expanded its activities to include the Hamas regiment in the southern part of the city. “The fighting there was difficult, but unfortunately there were casualties as well.”

Update from January 17 at 8:00 p.m.: Herzi Halevy, Chief of Staff of the Israeli Defense Forces, said that the chances of war in Lebanon are higher than ever. The Times of Israel. Halevy said during a training for the forces that the Israeli army “will increase its combat readiness in Lebanon.”

The Chief of General Staff does not know when war will break out in Lebanon. However, Israeli forces learned “many lessons” from the war in the Gaza Strip that will be “very relevant to the fighting in Lebanon.” “We want to achieve a very clear goal in Lebanon, which is the return of the population to the north, and all communities in the north,” Halevy said.

According to Netanyahu, the Israeli war may continue until 2025

Update from January 17, 2:10 p.m.: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said, during his talks with the heads of municipal authorities bordering the Gaza Strip, that the war between Israel and Hamas may continue until 2025. The Times of Israel.

At the beginning of the month, Netanyahu and other ministers had already discussed possible solutions to end the Israeli war. The idea was put forward that Palestinian forces that are not hostile to Israel should control the Gaza Strip.

War between Israel and Hamas: Two Israeli soldiers were killed in the Gaza Strip

Update from January 17 at 10:30 a.m.: The Israeli occupation army announced that two Israeli soldiers were killed during clashes that took place yesterday in the Gaza Strip. The Israeli army said that both were killed during fighting in the northern Gaza Strip. In addition, two soldiers were seriously wounded yesterday – one during fighting in the Gaza Strip and the other in communities inside Israel adjacent to the Gaza Strip. This was reported by the haaretz.com portal – the information cannot be independently verified.

Update from January 17, 9:40 a.m.: According to Palestinian reports, three Palestinians were killed in an Israeli drone strike in Balata refugee camp (see: 1). Report from 8:40 a.m).

According to the Al-Aqsa Brigades, which is close to the Fatah movement led by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, the three dead were members of the armed group. They released three names, but Challis was not among them. His family reportedly denied his death. It was not initially possible to independently verify the information.

War in Israel: Israel announces the killing of a prominent terrorist

Update from January 17 at 8:40 a.m.: The Israeli army announced that it had killed a prominent leader in the West Bank. The man is Imad Abdullah Abu Shalal. The leader of a terrorist cell is said to have been responsible for several attacks on Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem and the West Bank. Abu Shalal was killed in a drone airstrike on a terrorist cell site near the city of Nablus. According to Israel, the terrorist leader is said to have received his orders directly from Iran.

War in Israel: The United States returns the Houthi rebels to the terrorist list

First report dated January 17, 2024: GAZA/TEL AVIV – After a series of attacks by Yemen's Houthi rebels on ships in the Red Sea, the US government wants to put the Shiite group back on the list of global terrorists, according to media reports. CNN and the Wall Street Journal reported this on Tuesday evening (local time), citing people familiar with the matter. When it comes to terrorism designations, the United States differentiates between global terrorists and foreign terrorist organizations. Discrimination plays a role in the penalties associated with each category.

Just before the end of then-US President Donald Trump's term, his Secretary of State Mike Pompeo classified the Houthis into both categories in 2021. But Pompeo's successor, Anthony Blinken, reversed that shortly after to facilitate the delivery of humanitarian aid to Yemen. The civil war has been raging in this poor country since 2014. A large portion of the population lives in areas controlled by the Houthis. According to the United Nations, millions of people suffer from hunger.

Since the beginning of the Gaza war between Israel and the Islamist movement Hamas, the Houthi militia has repeatedly attacked commercial ships with alleged Israeli connections in the Red Sea. The United States and Great Britain responded with a comprehensive military strike on Houthi positions in Yemen. Major shipping companies are increasingly avoiding the Red Sea route, through which about 10% of global trade usually passes. The Houthi militia in Yemen and Hezbollah in Lebanon belong to the “axis of resistance” against Israel.

This could mean the possibility of more far-reaching sanctions being imposed on the organization, which is backed by Iran and has recently repeatedly fired missiles at southern Israel.

Medicine for Israeli hostages in the Gaza Strip

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office announced that medicines purchased in France for Israeli hostages in the Gaza Strip will be flown to Egypt on Wednesday on two Qatari military planes. From there they will be transferred to the Gaza Strip.

In the October 7 attack and massacre committed by the Islamist movement Hamas and other Palestinian organizations on Israel, some 250 people were kidnapped to the Gaza Strip. There are currently 136 people detained in the coastal sector. Israel estimates that about twenty of them are no longer alive.

German military weapons worth 20 million euros to Israel in 2023

Last year, the federal government approved the export of military weapons worth 20.1 million euros to Israel. These weapons included 3,000 portable anti-tank weapons and 500,000 rounds of ammunition for machine guns, machine guns or other fully or semi-automatic firearms. This came in the Ministry of Economy's response to a request by Bundestag member Sevim Dagdelen from the Sahra-Wagenknecht coalition, which was submitted to the German News Agency. In total, the Traffic Light government approved arms deliveries to Israel worth €326.5 million – ten times more than the previous year. (with agency materials)

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Another defeat for Haley: Trump wins the Missouri primary

Published

on

Another defeat for Haley: Trump wins the Missouri primary

Another defeat for Haley
Trump wins the Missouri primary

Listen to the material

This audio version was created artificially. More information | Send your opinion

Things are not looking good for Republican Nikki Haley in the presidential race. Her opponent, former President Donald Trump, has won against her in all previous primaries – and now also in Missouri. Whether the former US ambassador will remain in the game can be seen on Super Tuesday.

A few days before the so-called Super Tuesday, former US President Donald Trump won another primary victory in the Missouri primary. According to consistent projections from US radio stations, the Republican triumphed over in-party rival Nikki Haley in the Midwestern state – as he has done in all conservative primaries so far this year.

Thus, the 77-year-old right-wing populist is widening his lead over the former US ambassador to the United Nations in the Republican presidential race. It is now almost certain that Trump will win the national primaries and thus run for the Republican Party in the presidential election scheduled for November 5.

Will Hailey throw in the towel?

The decision could be issued next Tuesday: On Super Tuesday, Republicans will hold primaries in 15 states, including the most populous US states, California and Texas. Hailey is expected to give up if she doesn't succeed again that day.

The primaries for President Joe Biden's Republicans and Democrats will continue until the beginning of June. The Republican Party nominating convention is scheduled to be held July 15-18 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. An opinion poll published on Saturday showed that Trump would have a good chance of defeating Biden in the fall presidential elections. In the New York Times poll, the former president received 48 percent and the current president received only 43 percent.

READ  End of 'vicious cycle of violence': Pope speaks with Putin and Zelensky on their conscience
Continue Reading

World

A man helps in a traffic accident and learns that his son is the deceased

Published

on

A man helps in a traffic accident and learns that his son is the deceased

A tragedy occurred in the American state of New York. When a 29-year-old woman died in a highway accident in the small town of Binghamton, a Department of Transportation employee rushed to the scene to put her safe, reports said. „Fox News” . What an employee named Corey Peschorner only discovered at the scene: The dead man was his son, Tyler.

“This is our worst nightmare,” Bischorner said. “When we started securing the site, we said [im Team] Nor will family life today be turned upside down! “I didn’t know that this would be my life and my family’s life.”

The driver committed a hit-and-run accident

Reports stated that the cause of the accident is unknown, as is the identity of the driver who contributed to Tyler's death „picture” . The driver committed a hit-and-run accident. A fact that only serves to fuel the Peschorner family's trauma.

“I don't want to hate, I don't want to get angry because it won't change anything [meinen Sohn] „He'll be back,” Tyler's mother, Shanae, told Fox News. But Tyler's seven-year-old son simply couldn't handle the loss.

“He’s struggling,” Shanay said. „[Seit Tylers Tod] He keeps saying he's all alone. He says: “Now there is no one but me!” So I told him: No, we are all with you.

“There is a fundraising campaign on the website.” Gofundme “It was launched to support Tyler's surviving family.

READ  What exactly happened during the mission near Paris
Continue Reading

World

War | Saint Petersburg: A drone hits a residential building

Published

on

War |  Saint Petersburg: A drone hits a residential building

A drone crashes into an apartment building in St. Petersburg

from dpa, France Press agency, Reuters, LMK, BM, Christian Solidarity International, Such and such, Copy, Lex, For you, the

Updated March 2, 2024 – 9:53 AMReading time: 37 minutes.

Zoom in on the imageA Russian security officer stands in front of a damaged apartment building in St. Petersburg: the impact of a Ukrainian drone may be responsible for the damage. (Source: Stringer/Reuters Photos)
Post it on FacebookShare on x.comShare on PinterestShare on WhatsApp

Canada does not rule out deploying troops in Ukraine. There have been Russian drone attacks on Odessa. More information in the news blog.

The most important things at a glance


Ukrainian drone attack? Evacuation of an apartment building in St. Petersburg

9:29 AM: In St. Petersburg, two buildings were damaged and residents were evacuated. Residents describe a loud explosion and the shattering of windows. City Governor Alexander Beglov reported an incident that occurred in the Krasnogvardeisky district, without giving details. There were no injuries.

Resident Elena told Reuters news agency: “At first I heard a whistle because I had just opened the window. Then a bang, flames, and an apartment full of smoke. The window flew out.” Russian media reported that the accident may have been caused by a Ukrainian drone. The drone's target may have been the nearby oil depot in Roche.

The death toll rises after the attack on Odessa

8.45 AM: According to Ukrainian reports, two people were killed in a drone attack on a residential building in Odessa. Authorities said eight others were injured and six were missing. 18 apartments were destroyed,” President Volodymyr Zelensky wrote on the SMS Telegram service. He posted a video showing a residential building in which several floors collapsed.

Kieswetter: “Schulz is increasingly becoming a security risk.”

“Schulz is increasingly becoming a security risk to Europe,” Kiesvetter says. “For Russia, such contacts are a sign that Russian disinformation and nuclear fear-mongering are having an impact on Europe’s most powerful economic country.” In this way, Schulz undermines European deterrence vis-à-vis Russia.

Schulz had spoken categorically against sending German soldiers after French President Emmanuel Macron did not want to rule out the deployment of NATO ground forces in Ukraine. Macron is deliberately not drawing any red lines, Kieswetter told the Tagesspiegel newspaper. This strategic ambiguity is intended to “make the West more unpredictable for Putin.”

Attacks on Odessa – The house appears to have partially collapsed

4.30 AM: Odessa Oblast Governor Oleh Kiper announced on Saturday evening that one person was killed and at least seven others were injured in a Russian drone attack on Odessa. Among the injured is a three-year-old child who is currently receiving treatment in hospital for a leg injury. Six adults are reported to be in stable condition. There is no information yet available about the victim who was killed in the attack. According to reports from N-TV, several high-rise buildings were hit and one of them partially collapsed.

Canada does not rule out deploying troops in Ukraine

12:10 AM: Canadian Defense Minister Bill Blair does not rule out his country's soldiers in Ukraine. He said in an interview with the Toronto Star newspaper that the idea of ​​deploying NATO forces was discussed at the recent NATO summit in Paris. French President Emmanuel Macron spoke for the first time about sending soldiers. According to the Defense Minister, sending a limited force would be an option for Canada. But the condition is that the soldiers are stationed far from the front and do not participate in the fighting.

READ  Starlink for Gaza: Elon Musk takes on Israel

Blair said the Canadian military already has a limited presence in Ukraine to protect Canadian diplomatic staff and has trained thousands of Ukrainian soldiers as part of the unification process. However, this mission moved from Ukraine to other countries after the Russian invasion of the country.

Continue Reading

Trending