Connect with us

World

Macron in an interview: France provides Ukraine with Mirage 2000 fighter jets

Published

on

Macron in an interview: France provides Ukraine with Mirage 2000 fighter jets
outside Macron in the interview

France supplies Ukraine with Mirage 2000 fighter aircraft

Leeuwarden, Netherlands April 11, 2016: French Air Force Mirage 2000 aircraft takes off

Mirage fighter jet of the French Air Force

Source: Picture Alliance/Zoonar/Arjan van de Logt

You can listen to our WELT podcasts here

In order to view embedded content, it is necessary to obtain your revocable consent to the transfer and processing of personal data, as providers of embedded content require this consent as third-party service providers. [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to „On”, you agree to this (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Article 49(1)(a) of the GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can revoke your consent at any time using the key and privacy at the bottom of the page.

In order for Ukraine to be able to defend itself against Russia, France is providing Mirage 2000 fighter jets. This was announced by Emmanuel Macron in a television interview. The number of combat aircraft that Ukraine will receive is still unknown.

FFrance wants to give Ukraine an undisclosed number of Mirage 2000-5 fighter jets. “They allow Ukraine to protect its territory and airspace,” French President Emmanuel Macron said in an interview with French television channels in Caen on Thursday. By the end of the year, Ukrainian pilots should be trained to fly Mirage fighter jets in France.

READ  Photos of Vladimir Putin's nuclear submarine in Cuba spark confusion

Macron also promised to train another 4,500 Ukrainian soldiers in France. He renewed his readiness to send French military trainers to Ukraine. „There should be no taboos,” he stressed.

Macron said that the Ukrainian President and the Ukrainian Defense Minister asked the allies in an official letter two days ago to train inside Ukraine. “This means that there is a demand, and whenever there is a demand, we think about how to help,” Macron said.

Read also

france-history-world-war-ii-anniversary-day

He added that this does not represent an escalation. “It is not about training soldiers in a combat zone,” Macron said. When asked what might happen if a French military trainer was killed in Ukraine, Macron asked: “Is the killing of a French, German or British civilian in Ukraine less bad than the killing of a soldier?”

Macron confirmed the arrest of a French employee of a Swiss relief organization in Russia. Russian authorities had previously reported that a Frenchman had been arrested on suspicion of espionage. Macron rejected allegations that the detainee was in Russia on behalf of France and announced consular support.

Here you will find content from third parties

In order to view embedded content, it is necessary to obtain your revocable consent to the transfer and processing of personal data, as providers of embedded content require this consent as third-party service providers. [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to „On”, you agree to this (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Article 49(1)(a) of the GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can revoke your consent at any time using the key and privacy at the bottom of the page.

Macron wants to receive Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at the Elysee on Friday. Zelensky will also meet with French Defense Minister Sebastien Lecornu. Several contracts must be signed.

READ  G20 summit: Biden sees himself stronger than US elections to talk to Xi

France wants to pledge 650 million euros in loans and donations to support the rebuilding of Ukraine’s infrastructure. The German-French arms company KNDS also wants to establish a branch in Ukraine.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

The AfD wants to prevent expulsion from the Identity Party

Published

on

The AfD wants to prevent expulsion from the Identity Party


Exclusive

As of: June 24, 2024 at 10:17 AM

Disagreements over Europe’s leading candidate have already cost the AfD his membership in the EU Parliament’s identity faction. Now the Alternative for Germany party wants to separate completely from the European party.

The Federal Executive Council of the AfD unanimously decided this morning that the party’s congress at the end of next week will recommend leaving the European Identity and Democracy party. This I learned ARD Capital Studio From the council departments. The AfD is also said to want to prevent the impending expulsion.

The European Parliament’s Identity-linked faction had already broken away from the AfD delegation weeks ago. The reason for this was the inane statements made by the AfD candidate for the European elections, Maximilian Krah, about the National Socialist SS.

no rapprochement After the European elections

The AfD joined the Identity Party only a year ago. It was seen as “a suitable platform to strengthen communication with the AfD’s European sister parties,” according to the party’s board of directors’ decision today. The goal now is to move independently and shape the course in Europe in order to advance our own interests. “This requires partners who respect and share our interests.”

In the days following the election, the AfD had vainly hoped for a rapprochement with the ID faction in the European Parliament, thus excluding Krahe from its EU delegation. But the right-wing camp rejected the Alternative for Germany party’s appeal.

Since then, there has been significant dissatisfaction within the party that these former European partners were allowed to interfere too much in internal affairs. In Brussels, the AfD is currently trying to form a new faction with other right-wing parties.

READ  Mysterious flight - Russian government plane en route to the United States - Politics abroad

Many potential new partners

Last week, the news portal Euractiv reported that members of such a group could come primarily from signatories of the so-called Sophia Declaration. Bulgaria’s Vazrajdhani party initiated this manifesto in April 2024 to demand, among other things, peace negotiations on Russia’s war against Ukraine and an end to the EU’s alleged „rampant bureaucracy.”

Hence, potential new AfD partners include: Se Acabó La Fiesta (SALF, “The Party is Over”) from Spain, SOS Romania, Slovakia’s Hnutie Republika (Republican Movement), NIKH from Greece, and Mi Hazank Mozgalom (Our Homeland). From Hungary. and the Polish Konfederacja or its more extreme sister, the Ruch Narodowy. According to Spiegel, the new faction can be called the “Sovereigns.”

Continue Reading

World

Hajj: More than 1,300 killed due to the heat in Mecca

Published

on

Hajj: More than 1,300 killed due to the heat in Mecca

More than 1,300 pilgrims died due to extreme heat while performing Hajj in Saudi Arabia this year. This was announced by Saudi Health Minister Fahd bin Abdul Rahman Al-Jaladzil on state television. Temperatures in
Makkah It reached 49 degrees Celsius.

More than four-fifths of those killed were pilgrims without official permission, and therefore had no hotel rooms available to protect themselves from heat To protect. It is said that more than 660 of the dead came from Egypt.

Many of the infected Egyptians were initially treated at the medical center in the Al-Muaisem district in Mecca. An Egyptian diplomat confirmed the number of dead and said that most of them were present Saudi Arabia He was buried.

Investigations against tour operators

According to the Egyptian government, many of them have done so Tour guides Allowing pilgrims to travel to Saudi Arabia without a permit illegally. Employees of 16 tourism companies are being investigated. The Saudi authorities expelled tens of thousands of pilgrims without a permit. But many, especially Egyptians, are still able to access the holy sites in and around Mecca. Some of them were entirely on foot.

According to a previous count by the Associated Press news agency, among the dead were 165 pilgrims from Indonesia, 98 from India, and dozens more from Jordan, Tunisia, Morocco, Algeria and Malaysia. Two pilgrims from the United States are also said to have died.

READ  Ukraine war live broadcast: +++ 03:42 Russia: the effects of the ruble appreciation on prices diminish +++
Continue Reading

World

Crimea: Three people on the beach appear to have been killed by debris

Published

on

Crimea: Three people on the beach appear to have been killed by debris
outside Crimea

Three people on the beach were apparently killed by the wreckage

Russian terrorism with guided bombs – “a tremendous destructive force”

According to Ukrainian President Zelensky, Russia has attacked Ukraine with more than 2,400 guided bombs in recent weeks. Russia correspondent Christoph Wanner says they are converted aerial bombs.

Three people were killed and at least 124 others injured in a Ukrainian ATACMS missile attack on Crimea. The victims are said to have died due to debris falling on the beach. There are said to be 27 children among the wounded.

IOfficial information reported that at least three people, including two children, were killed in a missile attack on the coastal city of Sevastopol in the Crimean peninsula, which was annexed by Russia. They are said to have been killed by falling debris when Ukrainian missiles were intercepted over the city of Sevastopol in Crimea, said the city’s Moscow-appointed governor, Mikhail Razvochayev.

On Sunday, the Russian Ministry of Health announced that the number of infected people had risen to 124, according to the Interfax news agency. Russian child rights representative Maria Loa-Belova wrote on the Telegram application: “According to preliminary information, there are 27 children among the injured, 5 of whom are in critical condition – doctors are fighting for their lives.”

Here you will find content from third parties

In order to view embedded content, it is necessary to obtain your revocable consent to the transfer and processing of personal data, as providers of embedded content require this consent as third-party service providers. [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to „On”, you agree to this (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Article 49(1)(a) of the GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can revoke your consent at any time using the key and privacy at the bottom of the page.

According to the Ministry of Defense in Moscow, Ukraine launched five ATACMS missiles. Four of them were intercepted. He added, „Another missile deviated from its course as a result of air defense operations and exploded over the city area.”

Many of the victims were said to be sunbathing on a beach in the city of Ushkuyivka in northern Sevastopol when the missile debris fell. There are also photos of a burned private house in the area. Sevastopol Governor Mikhail Razvoschayev wrote that all medical facilities had been mobilized to care for the wounded.

Read also

The Russian Investigative Committee opened criminal proceedings on charges of terrorism after the missile fell. Forensic investigators were on the scene, authorities said.

Sevastopol is the main port of the Russian Black Sea Fleet. Belbek Military Airport is also located in the city area. Russia uses both the fleet and the airport extensively in its war against Ukraine. Therefore, Ukraine regularly attacks both objects.

Meanwhile, one person was killed and ten others were injured, according to the governor of the region of the same name, in Russian attacks on the city of Kharkiv in eastern Ukraine. There have been attacks on civilian infrastructure, Ole Sinehubo wrote on the short messaging service Telegram. It appears that slide bombs were used. Among the victims were teenagers.

READ  Italy fears a massive volcanic eruption: the region is planning a massive evacuation
Continue Reading

Trending