Connect with us

World

Israel: Defensive Radar Hit – The strike against Iran may have been more successful than expected

Published

on

Israel: Defensive Radar Hit – The strike against Iran may have been more successful than expected
outside Israel

Defense Radar Hit – The strike against Iran may have been more successful than expected

“Europe needs to wake up urgently” – Israeli President on WELT TV

Israeli President Isaac Herzog warned that Iran is developing nuclear weapons. “It is clear that the greatest threat to stability in the world is Iran's desire to obtain the nuclear bomb,” Herzog said on WELT TV. Watch the full interview with Paul Runzheimer here.

You can listen to our WELT podcasts here

In order to view embedded content, it is necessary to obtain your revocable consent to the transfer and processing of personal data, as providers of embedded content require this consent as third parties. [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to „On”, you agree to this (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Article 49(1)(a) of the GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can revoke your consent at any time using the key and privacy at the bottom of the page.

The Iranian leadership has been complaining since the end of last week that Israel only shoots with toys. But now satellite images have emerged. They show: Whatever Israel used, the system was extremely accurate.

DrAccording to satellite images, the Israeli retaliatory attack against Iran last weekend caused more damage than the government in Tehran admitted. Planet Labs PBC released satellite images taken Monday morning near Isfahan airport and air base, about 200 miles (320 kilometers) south of Tehran.

Accordingly, it appears that the radar system of the S-300 anti-aircraft battery was hit. Therefore, the Israeli attack was more effective than the Iranian attack on Israel on April 13.

“This strike demonstrates Israel’s ability to penetrate Iran’s air defense system,” said Nicole Grajewski, a nuclear security expert at the Carnegie Endowment and author of a forthcoming book on Russia and Iran. “The accuracy of the shot was amazing.”

This photo shows burn marks surrounding what analysts believe to be a radar system from a Russian S-300 missile battery

Source: German News Agency/-

Conflict in the Middle East - Iran

This is what the Russian S-300 air defense system looks like – photo from Tehran

Source: German News Agency/Wahid Salmi

Iran and Israel have been waging a kind of shadow war against each other for years, which escalated in April when two Iranian generals, among others, were killed in an attack on the Iranian consulate in the Syrian capital, Damascus, that was attributed to Israel. Iran responded with a major attack with missiles, cruise missiles and drones, almost all of which were intercepted by Israel.

Then Iranian air defenses opened fire on Friday, and Iran imposed a ban on commercial flights in large parts of the country. Officials tried to downplay the importance of the Israeli attack, saying only that it included a series of small drones.

Iranian Foreign Minister Hossein Amir Abdollahian said in an interview with NBC, “What happened (…) was not an attack.” “They were more like the toys our kids play with — not drones.”

Read also

Israeli President Isaac Herzog (right) in conversation with Paul Runzheimer

But satellite images showed a different picture. Initial satellite images showed signs of fire around the facilities in Isfahan, although it was not clear what was at the site. In images taken Monday, image analyst Chris Biggers sees burn marks around the so-called foldable radar system used for the Russian S-300 system.

Other components of the missile system appear to have been removed from the facility before the attack, even though it provides protection for Iran's underground nuclear enrichment facility at Natanz. “Given the system, the location, and the way it was posted, this is a strong message,” Biggers wrote.

On the other hand, Iran stuck to its narrative. Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kanaani said: “The concerned authorities reported that this attack did not cause any damage and that the Iranian defense system carried out its tasks.” “Therefore, we believe that this matter does not deserve to be raised.”

Read also

DWO_Podcast_Teaser_DbdT_Imke_Rabiega

The European Union is now moving forward with its plans to impose new sanctions on Iran. At a meeting in Luxembourg on Monday, foreign ministers from the 27 member states instructed EU chief diplomat Josep Borrell to make concrete proposals. These sanctions are intended to enable further trade restrictions to make it difficult for the country to build and develop drones and missiles.

It is also planned to impose punitive measures against individuals, organizations and companies involved in the production of drones and missiles and their delivery to Iran’s allies in the Middle East.

READ  Battles between Solidar and Bashmut: "more political than strategic importance"
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Interview of the week – Von der Leyen sets terms for cooperation with MPs from right-wing parties

Published

on

Interview of the week – Von der Leyen sets terms for cooperation with MPs from right-wing parties

European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen in Copenhagen in May 2024 (picture Alliance / Ritzau Scanpix / Ida Marie Odgaard)

The Commission President stressed that it is about winning over political forces for – I quote – “the majority in the centre”. Von der Leyen stressed that there is no obligatory faction in the European Parliament. Rather, you must constantly search for and form the majority. That’s why it makes sense to look at individual representatives.

Von der Leyen is running in the European elections as the European People’s Party’s best candidate for a second term as Commission President. The CDU politician confirmed that the elections were „directional elections.” Rather, it is about developing Europe – or dividing and dismantling it.

Accusation of rapprochement with post-fascists in Italy

The Commission President has been criticized for not ruling out cooperation with the right-wing conservative ECR group in the European Parliament. The Social Democrats, the Left and the Greens accused her of cozying up to post-fascism in Italy. Prime Minister Meloni’s „Fratelli d’Italia” party is part of the European Council’s parliamentary group. Von der Leyen recently described Meloni as „clearly pro-European”.

Demand fair trade from China

In Deutschlandfunk, von der Leyen again criticized China’s trade practices. There is weak demand in China, but the country still heavily subsidizes electric vehicle production. So there is excess capacity. The United States has closed its market, so the European Union must be careful not to end up on the European market.

The Commission President pointed to the Chinese solar industry, which was heavily subsidized by the state and dominated the market with cheap products. Von der Leyen demanded fair trade.

READ  Putin takes tough action in Ukraine war

Investigation into protective definitions

She explained that the Commission has begun an investigation into the issue of protective tariffs on electric cars coming from China, as required by the rules of the World Trade Organization. However, the results are not yet available. The first step is to talk to the Chinese government. Von der Leyen rejected the accusation that she was heading towards a trade war with China.

Interview of the week with Ursula von der Leyen You can here Read slowly. You can listen to it Sunday at 11:05 am on Deutschlandfunk or soon in the DLF audio library.

This message was sent on May 25, 2024 via Deutschlandfunk.

Continue Reading

World

The 3-year-old boy likely died of starvation while his parents and sisters were celebrating at a burger restaurant

Published

on

The 3-year-old boy likely died of starvation while his parents and sisters were celebrating at a burger restaurant
  1. Homepage
  2. world

He presses

In the case of the boy (3) from Epps near Kufstein (Tyrol) who starved to death at home, new shocking details continue to come to light. There is a suspicion of murder against the parents.

Kufstein – The starvation death of a three-year-old boy from the town of Epps north of Kufstein, on the German border, shocked the whole of Austria and the Bavarian region. An application for pre-trial detention was filed against the boy’s parents, which was implemented It was also imposed on Friday afternoon. Both are suspected of murder. The father loudly refuses oe24.at Any statement the mother makes is unbelievable.

Tragedy in Austria: A young child (3 years old) was found dead in bed – his parents suspect murder

According to the spokesman for the Innsbruck Public Prosecutor’s Office, Hansjörg Mayer, “According to previous investigations, there is suspicion that the suspects failed to provide the three-year-old boy with food and fluids over a period of at least several weeks despite his clearly deteriorating health condition.” Contact He went to the doctor because of his apparent weight loss, and the child died as a result of the severe malnutrition he suffered from.”

The little boy likely starved to death in a family-friendly apartment complex. © Zoom Tyrol

On Wednesday, May 22, the suspected Austrian parents (25 and 26 years old) were arrested after staying in the hospital due to a psychological emergency. The first investigations took place on Thursday, May 23.

The boy was not fed “even though he was crying and screaming.”

The prosecutor’s office also announced that the father, a professional driver, exercised his right to refuse to testify. On the other hand, his wife stated that “the child had been sick for the past few weeks and had no appetite. Prosecutors confirmed that a doctor’s visit was planned soon oe24.at There were rumors in the city that the boy had been lying dead in his bed for some time before his father raised the alarm on Monday. Accordingly, the time of death was on Pentecost Sunday. Therefore, the three sisters (1, 3, and 6 years old) did not show symptoms of deficiency. She was cared for by Child and Youth Services.

READ  Ukraine News: G7 wants to hold Putin accountable for war crimes

How likely it is that the baby’s death had other medical causes will be clarified in further investigations – but so far there is no evidence of this. In sum, the child “was not fed, even though he was crying and screaming, while his twin sister and the other two girls (1 and 6 years old) were cared for and protected.”

The parents are said to have celebrated his birthday with the boy’s sisters

On the Friday before Pentecost, the parents celebrated their eldest daughter’s birthday at a fast-food burger joint while the little girl was alone at home, nearing death, reports said. oe24.at. At the weekend, the family went to the Grand Knights’ Festival in Kufstein – again without the boy. high picture Neighbors noticed that the family was receiving food often. The role of the grandmother, who is said to have sometimes looked after the children, is unclear. She protested strongly in front of reporters, saying that she had not noticed anything.

In Lower Austria, a woman and her partner were recently sentenced to long prison terms because they locked their son (12 years old) in a dog cage and tortured him almost to death. The case of Josef Fritzl, who held his daughter prisoner in an underground apartment from 1984 to 2008, occurred in Lower Austria.

Continue Reading

World

Russia must „take steps” in the Baltic Sea

Published

on

Russia must „take steps” in the Baltic Sea
  1. Homepage
  2. Policy

He presses

Moscow’s plan to expand its maritime borders angers NATO. On the other hand, the Kremlin wants to tighten measures in the Baltic Sea to ensure “security.”

Moscow – The Kremlin wants to tighten its measures in the Baltic Sea, according to its own statements, to ensure Russia’s security from „a confrontation in the Baltic Sea.” This was announced by Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov at a press conference on Wednesday (May 22).

In recent days, signs have emerged of a worsening conflict in the Baltic Sea because Russia plans to expand its maritime borders to the waters of Finland and Lithuania on its own initiative. In the summary of the press conference on Newsweek According to reports, Kremlin spokesman Peskov was also asked about state borders in the Baltics.

No dialogue is possible: the Kremlin blames the West and Lithuania expels the Russian ambassador from the country.

“The scale of the confrontation in the Baltic region requires Russia to take steps to ensure its security,” Peskov said, according to what was reported by the official news agency. TASS. “The situation in the world requires intense dialogue to find ways out of tensions, but the collective West rejects that.”

The Lithuanian Foreign Ministry in Vilnius said on Wednesday that it was summoning the Russian representative and demanding a “full explanation.” Lithuanian Foreign Minister Gabrielius Landsbergis called for a „decisive and appropriate” response from member states NATO And European Union. Finnish Foreign Minister Elina Valtonen said her government was monitoring the situation.

READ  Putin takes tough action in Ukraine war
The Baltic Sea became the „NATO Sea”. Russia has a problem with this. (Avatar) © Picture Alliance/DPA/AP | Salvatore Cavalli

Russia no longer has an ambassador in Vilnius after Lithuania expelled its then-ambassador in April 2022 over atrocities committed by the Russian army in Bucha, Ukraine, and downgraded diplomatic relations with Russia. With these summons, Lithuania responded to a draft decision published by the Russian Ministry of Defense, on Tuesday, to expand Russian maritime areas to the waters of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) countries and the European Union countries of Lithuania and Finland.

Background: The Russian draft resolution shows the expansion of the border into the Lithuanian and Finnish regions

Through a new unilateral determination of the geographical coordinates of Russia’s maritime borders, the Lithuanian and Finnish regions in the Baltic Sea will be added to Russia. Specifically, according to a Russian Defense Ministry document, the maritime borders of Russia’s western Kaliningrad region and the eastern Gulf of Finland will be transferred.

“We have no official information about what Russia is planning,” Valtonen said. Meanwhile, the top Finnish diplomat confirmed that the Russian Federation is also United nations.-Maritime Boundaries Agreement. “We expect Russia to respect the agreement,” Valtonen said.

The recent accession of Sweden and Finland to NATO, sparked by the Russian invasion of Ukraine, gave rise to the term “NATO Sea” for the Baltic Sea, which is entirely surrounded by NATO members, with the exception of Russia.

Experts are sure that Putin wants to control the Baltic Sea

The waters are a flashpoint for regional tensions that include GPS jamming blamed on Russia, a migration crisis that Finland believes was sparked by Moscow, and warnings from international leaders. Vladimir Putin It could attack a NATO member state.

Swedish Army Commander Mikael Biden also warned of Russia’s ambitions for power in the Baltic Sea. “I’m sure Putin has his eyes on Gotland. Putin’s goal is to control the Baltic Sea,” the army chief told newspapers. Editorial Network Germany. Biden continued: “The Baltic Sea must not become Putin’s playground where he terrorizes NATO members.”

Continue Reading

Trending