Connect with us

World

Israel: Car attack in East Jerusalem – Netanyahu speaks on TV

Published

on

foreign countries Middle East conflict

Car attack in East Jerusalem – Netanyahu announces more attacks against Hamas

Israeli security forces at the site of the attack in East Jerusalem

Israeli security forces at the site of the attack in East Jerusalem

Source: Agence France Press / Menachem Kahane

Several people were injured in a car attack in East Jerusalem. The incident is the latest in a series of escalations. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu does not see an imminent ceasefire in sight.

ISeveral people were injured in a car attack in East Jerusalem. On Sunday, the Israeli police said that four of its members were injured in the attack in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood. Local rescue workers reported seven injuries.

Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld announced that the attacker had been arrested. He did not provide any further details about the attacker’s condition. According to a local journalist from the Jerusalem Post, the attacker is said to be Palestinian. The authorities have not yet commented on the identity.

East Jerusalem was the scene of violent clashes between Palestinians and Israeli police a week ago. The protests erupted due to the threat to expel about 30 Palestinians from their homes in the Sheikh Jarrah neighborhood, which the Israelis claimed.

Here you will find content from Twitter

In order to interact with or view content from Twitter and other social networks, we need your consent.

Read also

Daniel Dylan Boomer thinks the crisis may also be the first test of a more peaceful Middle East

Israel and the Palestinians

Since then, violence has escalated in the Middle East. The radical Islamist Hamas suddenly began firing thousands of rockets at Israel from Gaza. In response, the Israeli army has attacked hundreds of targets in the Gaza Strip since Monday.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has said that Israel will continue its attacks on Hamas installations in the Gaza Strip. In a televised address Sunday evening, Netanyahu said the military operation would continue „at full speed” because the radical Islamic organization had to pay a „heavy price” for the missile attacks for which it was responsible. This takes some time.

He rejected criticism of the destruction of a tall building in Gaza housing the offices of the Associated Press and Al-Jazeera TV. On Sunday, he said on US television, CBS, that because the extremist Islamist group Hamas had an office in the building, that was his „completely legitimate goal.” When asked if he had provided evidence of Hamas presence in the building in his phone call with US President Joe Biden on Saturday, he said, „We are passing this on through our intelligence officers.”

Guterres urges an end to the fighting

On Sunday, United Nations Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned of an „uncontrollable” crisis in the entire region. „This stupid episode of bloodshed, terror and destruction must be ended immediately,” Guterres said at the start of an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council on the conflict in the Middle East on Sunday. „The fighting must stop. It must stop immediately.

Guterres said the violence that claimed nearly 200 lives within a week was „extremely horrific”. „It is likely that this will lead to an uncontrollable security and humanitarian crisis and the further strengthening of extremism, not only in the Occupied Palestinian Territories and Israel, but throughout the region.”

READ  Poland warns of war in Ukraine - Russia may launch an attack on a NATO member state
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Israel: Netanyahu must present a plan – otherwise Minister Gantz will threaten to withdraw from the government

Published

on

Israel: Netanyahu must present a plan – otherwise Minister Gantz will threaten to withdraw from the government
outside Final warning in Israel

Netanyahu must present a plan, otherwise Minister Gantz will threaten to withdraw from the government

Massive protests against Netanyahu in Israel again

Massive demonstrations took place again against Prime Minister Netanyahu in Israel. The demonstrators accuse the government of abandoning Hamas hostages. Meanwhile, Benny Gantz, a minister in the Israeli war cabinet, threatened to resign from the government.

Benny Gantz called on Prime Minister Netanyahu to present a plan for the post-war order in the Gaza Strip by June 8. If Gantz carries out his threat, it could have far-reaching consequences for the Israeli government.

BEni Gantz, a minister in the Israeli war cabinet, threatened to resign from the government led by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. The politician said Saturday evening in Tel Aviv that if the prime minister does not present a plan for the post-war regime in the Gaza Strip by June 8, he and other members of the National Union Party will leave the government.

Among other things, Gantz called for the establishment of an alternative American-European-Arab-Palestinian government in the Gaza Strip, which under no circumstances could be Hamas or Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. In addition, hostages from Gaza must be returned and relations with Saudi Arabia must be normalized. Gantz also called for adopting the concept of military service for all Israelis. “Prime Minister Netanyahu, I look you in the eye this evening and say – the choice is in your hands.”

Read also

The 64-year-old politician joined Netanyahu’s government as a minister without portfolio and a member of the war cabinet after the unprecedented attack by Hamas and other terrorist groups on October 7. In doing so, the participants wanted to send a signal of unity. The centrist party, the National Union, led by Gantz, stands in opposition. Opinion polls indicate that she is currently ahead by a large margin over the Likud Party led by Netanyahu.

Read also

One demonstrator shows an upside-down triangle with her fingers.  Hamas and its followers use an inverted red triangle to identify terrorist targets

Netanyahu’s office said that Gantz’s demands would mean a defeat for Israel, the handover of the majority of hostages, Hamas remaining in power, and the establishment of a Palestinian state, according to media reports. Netanyahu believes that forming an emergency government is important to achieve all the goals of the war, including the return of all hostages.

Brexit could lead to a government crisis

Israel is under international criticism due to the large number of civilian casualties and the catastrophic humanitarian situation in the Gaza Strip. Many in the country complain that the war has not achieved a decisive victory, even after more than seven months. The fact that more than 100 hostages are still in the hands of Hamas also raises criticism of the government.

Read also

Jean-Luc Mélenchon at an anti-Israel demonstration in Geneva

Netanyahu has been in power since the end of 2022 alongside the far-right and extremist religious parties. He has so far refused to present a plan for the management and reconstruction of the Gaza Strip after the end of the war so as not to offend his partners in the far-right coalition.

Here you will find content from third parties

In order to view embedded content, it is necessary to obtain your revocable consent to the transfer and processing of personal data, as providers of embedded content require this consent as third-party service providers. [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to „On”, you agree to this (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Article 49(1)(a) of the GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can revoke your consent at any time using the key and privacy at the bottom of the page.

They are pursuing unrealistic goals such as building Jewish settlements in Gaza, but Netanyahu’s political survival depends on them. If Gantz carries out his threat and leaves the government, this could spark a government crisis.

READ  Iran: Mullah's regime can make a nuclear bomb in 12 days | Policy
Continue Reading

World

Donald Trump demands Joe Biden take a drug test before debate

Published

on

Donald Trump demands Joe Biden take a drug test before debate

The two alleged contenders for the position of US President agreed on a date for a television debate. Now Trump is making a new request.

Former US President Donald Trump called on current President Joe Biden to submit to a drug test before their duel on Monday in a television debate for the first time during the election campaign at the end of June. „I don’t want him to get there like he did in the State of the Union address,” Trump said during a Republican Party event in St. Paul, Minnesota. „He was as high as a kite.”

Trump has previously indicated several times in interviews that the US President was under the influence of substances on various occasions. He previously made similar accusations against his rival, Hillary Clinton, during the 2016 election campaign. Trump has not yet provided any evidence for his allegations. Biden has not yet commented on Trump’s allegations.

Ahead of the US presidential election in November, President Joe Biden and his rival Donald Trump want to compete against each other in two televised debates. Biden challenged Trump to two televised duels on Wednesday, and he immediately accepted the challenge. The American CNN network said that the first debate will take place on June 27 in Atlanta, Georgia. The two competitors also agreed on a second date on September 10.

READ  "Slaughter All Our Sons" - A wiretapped phone call reveals Russia's losses
Continue Reading

World

Her fiancé had died two months ago, and now Mia had died too

Published

on

Tucson (Arizona/USA) – In the American state Arizona It is a couple with two different people within a short period of time accidents He died. Their families are angry about the lack of security on the streets.

Mia Valencia, †21, died just months after her fiancé was killed in another motorcycle accident in Tucson. © gofundme.com

For two months, Mia Valenica mourned her fiancé, Xander Reeser, who died in a motorcycle accident last March. Now the 21-year-old’s family is grieving after Mia herself died in a motorcycle accident on May 10, according to reports. 13News.

„She’s in shock. It’s unbelievable,” said David Valencia, Mia’s father. “You hope you wake up the next day and it’s not true.”

The hope of the two affected families is that “they are together now.”

Bad luck
Fatal accident at construction site: One-ton component buries workers

According to police, Mia, who was a backseat passenger, and an unnamed driver were riding a motorcycle at high speed on the Catalina Highway in Pima County, southern Arizona.

They both left the road in a curve and collided with a guardrail. Both Mia and her companion were thrown off a bridge.

advertisement

The driver suffered minor injuries

Mia and her fiancé, Xander Reeser, shared a love of motorcycling. © gofundme.com

A witness to the incident said: “I looked down and there was a man sitting there crying.” “I saw that his knees were all scratched up. Next to him there was a motionless girl still wearing her motorcycle helmet.”

The driver was taken to hospital with minor injuries, while Mia Valencia died at the scene.

Investigations are still ongoing.

Bad luck
A giant billboard collapsed on a gas station during the storm – killing 14 people

David Valencia shared his love of motorcycles with his daughter. But after losing two loved ones in just a few months, he wants others to be careful.

“There are areas where you can drive fast,” he said. “But on some roads, you have to drive slowly,” he warned. Because sometimes you don’t get a second chance…

They both died in separate accidents within a short period of time. © gofundme.com

Mia Valencia and her father, David Valencia. He described his daughter as „always open.” And: „Her smile was so big. Her eyes would light up a room any day.” © gofundme.com

In order to pay for Mia’s funeral, her family must raise money gofundme.com Set up a fundraising page.

READ  "Slaughter All Our Sons" - A wiretapped phone call reveals Russia's losses
Continue Reading

Trending