Connect with us

World

Heavy fighting until January: The United States is “deeply concerned” about the development of the ground attack on Gaza

Published

on

Heavy fighting until January: The United States is “deeply concerned” about the development of the ground attack on Gaza

Heavy fighting until January
The United States is “deeply concerned” about the development of the ground attack on Gaza

Listen to the material

This audio version was created artificially. More information | Send your opinion

Israel escalates fighting in Gaza and advances to Khan Yunis. Our partner, the United States of America, is monitoring developments with concern and clearly calls for greater efforts to protect civilians. The Biden government assumes that the war will continue until next year.

According to a media report, the US government assumes that the current phase of the Israeli ground attack on the southern Gaza Strip will continue for several more weeks. Such as the American television network CNN Citing several senior US government officials, Israel may move in January to a “less intensive, more localized strategy” targeting specific Hamas terrorists and leaders.

An unnamed senior administration official was quoted as saying that the White House is “deeply concerned” about how Israeli operations will develop in the coming weeks. US Secretary of State Antony Blinken recently called on the Israeli leadership in clear terms to protect civilians in the Gaza Strip. Numerous deaths among the civilian population and large-scale displacement as occurred in northern Gaza must not be repeated in the south.

CNN said that the United States made clear to Israel that the time available for Israel to carry out military action in its current form and to maintain international support is rapidly diminishing. The radio reported that world public opinion is increasingly turning against the current ground offensive, in which thousands of civilians are being killed.

The United States insists on delivering more aid

From the US perspective, Israel should also seek more aid for the Gaza Strip. US State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said in Washington: “Not enough is being done at this time.” Miller said, „The amount of aid received is not sufficient. It must be increased, and we have made that clear to the Israeli government.” The spokesman continued: „There is not enough fuel, there is not enough food, and there is not enough water coming.” According to the United Nations, about 100 trucks loaded with aid supplies are currently arriving in the Gaza Strip daily. Miller explained that this is less than it was during the ceasefire that ended last Friday.

The Israeli army has recently expanded its attacks in the closed Gaza Strip, and is now encircling the largest city in the southern coastal enclave, Khan Yunis. At the request of the army, hundreds of thousands of people previously seeking protection fled the hitherto hotly contested north to the southern part of the coastal region.

The war broke out as a result of the worst massacre in Israel’s history, which was carried out by the Islamist Hamas movement and other terrorist groups on October 7 in Israel near the border with the Gaza Strip. More than 1,200 people were killed. Israel believes that 137 hostages are still in the hands of terrorists. According to the Hamas-controlled Ministry of Health, more than 16,200 people have been killed so far in Israeli attacks.

READ  Volcanic eruption in La Palma: 'volcanic bombs' on Cumber Vieja - over 1,000 homes destroyed
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Another defeat for Haley: Trump wins the Missouri primary

Published

on

Another defeat for Haley: Trump wins the Missouri primary

Another defeat for Haley
Trump wins the Missouri primary

Listen to the material

This audio version was created artificially. More information | Send your opinion

Things are not looking good for Republican Nikki Haley in the presidential race. Her opponent, former President Donald Trump, has won against her in all previous primaries – and now also in Missouri. Whether the former US ambassador will remain in the game can be seen on Super Tuesday.

A few days before the so-called Super Tuesday, former US President Donald Trump won another primary victory in the Missouri primary. According to consistent projections from US radio stations, the Republican triumphed over in-party rival Nikki Haley in the Midwestern state – as he has done in all conservative primaries so far this year.

Thus, the 77-year-old right-wing populist is widening his lead over the former US ambassador to the United Nations in the Republican presidential race. It is now almost certain that Trump will win the national primaries and thus run for the Republican Party in the presidential election scheduled for November 5.

Will Hailey throw in the towel?

The decision could be issued next Tuesday: On Super Tuesday, Republicans will hold primaries in 15 states, including the most populous US states, California and Texas. Hailey is expected to give up if she doesn't succeed again that day.

The primaries for President Joe Biden's Republicans and Democrats will continue until the beginning of June. The Republican Party nominating convention is scheduled to be held July 15-18 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. An opinion poll published on Saturday showed that Trump would have a good chance of defeating Biden in the fall presidential elections. In the New York Times poll, the former president received 48 percent and the current president received only 43 percent.

READ  Russia Threat | How does Moldova stand up to Putin's machinations?
Continue Reading

World

A man helps in a traffic accident and learns that his son is the deceased

Published

on

A man helps in a traffic accident and learns that his son is the deceased

A tragedy occurred in the American state of New York. When a 29-year-old woman died in a highway accident in the small town of Binghamton, a Department of Transportation employee rushed to the scene to put her safe, reports said. „Fox News” . What an employee named Corey Peschorner only discovered at the scene: The dead man was his son, Tyler.

“This is our worst nightmare,” Bischorner said. “When we started securing the site, we said [im Team] Nor will family life today be turned upside down! “I didn’t know that this would be my life and my family’s life.”

The driver committed a hit-and-run accident

Reports stated that the cause of the accident is unknown, as is the identity of the driver who contributed to Tyler's death „picture” . The driver committed a hit-and-run accident. A fact that only serves to fuel the Peschorner family's trauma.

“I don't want to hate, I don't want to get angry because it won't change anything [meinen Sohn] „He'll be back,” Tyler's mother, Shanae, told Fox News. But Tyler's seven-year-old son simply couldn't handle the loss.

“He’s struggling,” Shanay said. „[Seit Tylers Tod] He keeps saying he's all alone. He says: “Now there is no one but me!” So I told him: No, we are all with you.

“There is a fundraising campaign on the website.” Gofundme “It was launched to support Tyler's surviving family.

READ  Thailand: At least 36 people were killed in an attack on a kindergarten, including 24 children | News
Continue Reading

World

War | Saint Petersburg: A drone hits a residential building

Published

on

War |  Saint Petersburg: A drone hits a residential building

A drone crashes into an apartment building in St. Petersburg

from dpa, France Press agency, Reuters, LMK, BM, Christian Solidarity International, Such and such, Copy, Lex, For you, the

Updated March 2, 2024 – 9:53 AMReading time: 37 minutes.

Zoom in on the imageA Russian security officer stands in front of a damaged apartment building in St. Petersburg: the impact of a Ukrainian drone may be responsible for the damage. (Source: Stringer/Reuters Photos)
Post it on FacebookShare on x.comShare on PinterestShare on WhatsApp

Canada does not rule out deploying troops in Ukraine. There have been Russian drone attacks on Odessa. More information in the news blog.

The most important things at a glance


Ukrainian drone attack? Evacuation of an apartment building in St. Petersburg

9:29 AM: In St. Petersburg, two buildings were damaged and residents were evacuated. Residents describe a loud explosion and the shattering of windows. City Governor Alexander Beglov reported an incident that occurred in the Krasnogvardeisky district, without giving details. There were no injuries.

Resident Elena told Reuters news agency: “At first I heard a whistle because I had just opened the window. Then a bang, flames, and an apartment full of smoke. The window flew out.” Russian media reported that the accident may have been caused by a Ukrainian drone. The drone's target may have been the nearby oil depot in Roche.

The death toll rises after the attack on Odessa

8.45 AM: According to Ukrainian reports, two people were killed in a drone attack on a residential building in Odessa. Authorities said eight others were injured and six were missing. 18 apartments were destroyed,” President Volodymyr Zelensky wrote on the SMS Telegram service. He posted a video showing a residential building in which several floors collapsed.

Kieswetter: “Schulz is increasingly becoming a security risk.”

“Schulz is increasingly becoming a security risk to Europe,” Kiesvetter says. “For Russia, such contacts are a sign that Russian disinformation and nuclear fear-mongering are having an impact on Europe’s most powerful economic country.” In this way, Schulz undermines European deterrence vis-à-vis Russia.

Schulz had spoken categorically against sending German soldiers after French President Emmanuel Macron did not want to rule out the deployment of NATO ground forces in Ukraine. Macron is deliberately not drawing any red lines, Kieswetter told the Tagesspiegel newspaper. This strategic ambiguity is intended to “make the West more unpredictable for Putin.”

Attacks on Odessa – The house appears to have partially collapsed

4.30 AM: Odessa Oblast Governor Oleh Kiper announced on Saturday evening that one person was killed and at least seven others were injured in a Russian drone attack on Odessa. Among the injured is a three-year-old child who is currently receiving treatment in hospital for a leg injury. Six adults are reported to be in stable condition. There is no information yet available about the victim who was killed in the attack. According to reports from N-TV, several high-rise buildings were hit and one of them partially collapsed.

Canada does not rule out deploying troops in Ukraine

12:10 AM: Canadian Defense Minister Bill Blair does not rule out his country's soldiers in Ukraine. He said in an interview with the Toronto Star newspaper that the idea of ​​deploying NATO forces was discussed at the recent NATO summit in Paris. French President Emmanuel Macron spoke for the first time about sending soldiers. According to the Defense Minister, sending a limited force would be an option for Canada. But the condition is that the soldiers are stationed far from the front and do not participate in the fighting.

READ  Wagner Chief Prigozhin Warns of a Russian Revolution - 'You Can't Hide It'

Blair said the Canadian military already has a limited presence in Ukraine to protect Canadian diplomatic staff and has trained thousands of Ukrainian soldiers as part of the unification process. However, this mission moved from Ukraine to other countries after the Russian invasion of the country.

Continue Reading

Trending