Connect with us

World

Gaza War: Biden describes the request to issue an arrest warrant against Netanyahu as “outrageous”

Published

on

Gaza War: Biden describes the request to issue an arrest warrant against Netanyahu as “outrageous”

US President Joe Biden He rejected accusations against the Israeli leadership of committing genocide against the Palestinians in its fight against Hamas in the Gaza Strip.

“Contrary to the allegations of the International Court of Justice against Israel, this is not genocide,” Biden said on Monday (local time) in the Rose Garden of the White House during a celebration of the achievements of American Jews in the United States. “We reject that. We stand with Israel.” The US government expressed. The request to issue an arrest warrant against the Israeli leadership is “outrageous.”

South Africa has repeatedly called on the International Court of Justice to take action against Israel, accusing it of committing genocide. UN judges took emergency resolutions demanding that Israel do everything in its power to prevent genocide and allow humanitarian aid.

Joe Biden speaks in the Rose Garden of the White House on Jewish American Heritage Month

Source: AFP/Almond Ngan

The ICC prosecutor on Monday also requested an arrest warrant for crimes against humanity against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Yoav Galant. Arrest warrants were also issued against the leader of the Islamic Hamas movement in the Gaza Strip, Juhya Al-Sinwar, and other representatives of the Hamas movement.

Biden reiterated that the US government rejects the actions of the Prosecutor of the International Criminal Court. The American President said: There is no equality between Israel and Hamas.

Read also

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu

Biden also indirectly addressed the issue of the detention of an American ammunition shipment due to Israel’s actions in the city of Rafah in the Gaza Strip, saying: „Let me be clear: I will always ensure that Israel has everything it needs to protect itself to defend against it.” Hamas and all other enemies.”

READ  Human meat Bolognese? A Spanish influencer eats her knee cartilage!

Biden also stressed that “my commitment to the security of the Jewish people and the security of Israel and its right to exist as an independent Jewish state is unwavering.” The US government continues to call for a two-state solution that is safe and lasting and brings peace.

Netanyahu calls the accusations “ridiculous”

He expressed his opinion in a similar statement US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken Monday. The fact that arrest warrants have been requested for high-ranking Israeli officials alongside arrest warrants for Hamas terrorists is “shameful.” Blinken said: “We reject the public prosecutor’s link between Israel and Hamas.” He added, „Hamas is a brutal terrorist organization that committed the worst massacre against Jews since the Holocaust and is still holding dozens of innocent people hostage, including Americans.”

Blinken also made clear that the US government believes the court, which is not recognized by the United States, has no jurisdiction in the case. The US Secretary of State stressed that although Israel is not a member of the International Criminal Court, it is ready to cooperate with the prosecution. But “troubling procedural issues” called into question the legitimacy and credibility of the investigation. Blinken also stated that the Attorney General’s actions could jeopardize ongoing efforts to reach a ceasefire agreement.

Read also

Chancellor Schultz and Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu

Arrest warrant against Netanyahu

Karim Khan, Prosecutor of the International Criminal CourtHe had previously requested the issuance of arrest warrants against Netanyahu, Galant, and Hamas leaders Jiya Sinwar, Muhammad Deif, and Ismail Haniyeh. He said on Monday that he believes they are all responsible for war crimes and crimes against humanity in the Gaza Strip and Israel in connection with the Gaza war that has been ongoing for more than seven months.

Israel strongly criticized these requests. Head of government Netanyahu He called it ridiculous and accused the prosecution of anti-Semitism. He said: “As the Prime Minister of Israel, I reject with disgust the prosecutor in The Hague’s comparison between democratic Israel and the mass murder committed by Hamas.” “No pressure or decision in any international forum will prevent us from meeting those who want to destroy us.” Netanyahu stressed that Israel will continue the war against Hamas.

READ  Falling off a private yacht: the next death among Russia's top managers

Foreign Minister Israel Katz On Monday, he spoke of the “scandalous decision.” This represents a „direct and unrestrained attack on the victims of October 7 and our 128 hostages in Gaza.” “While Hamas murderers and rapists commit crimes against humanity against our brothers and sisters, the prosecutor mentions our crimes at the same time.” Katz said, according to what was reported from his office: “The minister and the Minister of Defense next to the vile Nazi monsters of Hamas – a historical shame that will remain in the memory forever.”

He ordered the immediate establishment of a follow-up center in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, where specialists would fight the decision, whose main goal was to “tie the hands of the State of Israel and deprive it of the right to self-defense.” He wanted to talk to the foreign ministers of the major countries so that they could object to the Attorney General’s decision „and declare that even in the case of arrest warrants, they will not implement them against the leaders of the State of Israel.”

Read also

The Iranian president dies in a helicopter crash

Israeli President Isaac Herzog rejected the request, calling it “more than just outrageous.” Herzog said that any attempt to compare Hamas terrorists with Israel’s democratically elected government cannot be accepted. Herzog said: “We will not forget who started this war and who raped, slaughtered, burned, mistreated and kidnapped innocent citizens and families,” referring to the Gaza war. He added: „We expect all leaders of the free world to firmly condemn and reject this move.”

READ  Ukraine faces recovery of Lehman

„A crime of historical proportions”

Benny GantzThe former army chief and current member of the war cabinet strongly criticized Khan’s announcement, saying Israel operates with „one of the strictest ethical rules” and has a strong judiciary capable of investigating itself. After the massacre committed by Hamas, Israel is fighting „one of the just wars in modern history.” “The prosecutor’s position in seeking arrest warrants is in itself a crime of historic proportions that will be remembered for generations to come,” Gantz said.

The opposition in Israel also condemned the proposal. Opposition leader Jair Lapid spoke of a „complete moral failure.” “We cannot accept the outrageous comparison between Netanyahu and Sinwar, between the leaders of Israel and the leaders of Hamas,” the former prime minister wrote on the X website.

Here you will find content from third parties

In order to view the embedded content, it is necessary to obtain your revocable consent to the transfer and processing of personal data, as the providers of the embedded content require this consent as third-party service providers. [In diesem Zusammenhang können auch Nutzungsprofile (u.a. auf Basis von Cookie-IDs) gebildet und angereichert werden, auch außerhalb des EWR]. By setting the switch to „On”, you agree to this (revocable at any time). This also includes your consent to the transfer of certain personal data to third countries, including the USA, in accordance with Article 49(1)(a) of the GDPR. You can find more information about this. You can revoke your consent at any time using the key and privacy at the bottom of the page.

Opposition politician Merav Michaeli He described Khan’s decision as „a scandal that the State of Israel cannot and will not accept.” The Israeli leadership „cannot be placed in the same category as a vicious and cruel terrorist organization.” Meanwhile, the leader of the Social Democratic Action Party said that Israel has reached a dangerous and unprecedented level under Netanyahu’s leadership. She added: „It is dangerous for Israeli national security, and for ensuring the existence of the State of Israel.” She demanded: “Netanyahu’s destructive farce must end immediately.”

For its part, Hamas criticized the Public Prosecutor’s request to issue arrest warrants against its leaders. A statement broadcast by the Hamas movement’s Al-Aqsa satellite channel said, „His decision compares the victim to an executioner and encourages the occupation to continue its war of genocide.” The terrorist organization criticized the fact that only two arrest warrants were requested against Israeli politicians.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Ukraine War: Ukraine and NATO reject Putin’s ceasefire conditions

Published

on

Ukraine War: Ukraine and NATO reject Putin’s ceasefire conditions

the Ukraine He rejected Russian President Vladimir Putin’s conditions for a ceasefire and peace negotiations, describing them as „eyewash.” “There is nothing new, no real peace proposals and no desire to end the fighting,” Ukrainian presidential advisor Mykhailo Podlyak wrote on Channel X. One must stop taking Russia’s „proposals” seriously, which contradict common sense.

It was before Put it in He told Russian Foreign Ministry executives that his country would „immediately cease fire and begin talks” if Ukraine withdraws from the Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson and Zaporizhzhia regions and renounces NATO membership. Ukraine should also fully hand over to Russia the areas partially occupied by the Russian army.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba described Putin’s statements as ridiculous. Kuleba said that Putin’s goal is to mislead the international community.

The United States government does not want peace through dictatorship

Secretary General of NATO Jens Stoltenberg He said at the conclusion of a meeting of defense ministers in Brussels that Putin’s conditions „are not a peace proposal” but „a proposal for more aggression and more occupation.”

US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin accused Putin of wanting to „dictate” peace to Ukraine. Putin has occupied Ukrainian territory in violation of international law and has been unable to tell Ukraine what to do to reach a solution. Austin said: “We do not want the leader of a country to wake up one day and decide to erase his neighbor’s borders and annex his lands. This is not the world we all want to live in.”

Ukraine demands the complete withdrawal of Russian forces

Ukraine is conducting a complete withdrawal of Russian forces from its internationally recognized territory, including in 2014. Russia Annexation of Crimea as a condition for possible peace negotiations.

READ  Gas Surcharge: How Much Do Consumers Have to Pay and When? | NDR.de - Guide

Sahira Wagenknecht finds Putin’s demands „understandable”

On the other hand, BSW President Sarah Wagenknecht called for openness to Putin’s conditions. Wagenknecht said Ukraine and the West must „avoid the historical mistake of crudely dismissing signals from Moscow as unrealistic maximum demands.” Instead, Putin’s initiative should be treated “with due seriousness” and seen as a starting point for negotiations.

Wagenknecht said that Ukraine’s permanent non-nuclear status and renunciation of NATO membership are „understandable demands from Russia.” It is „in Europe’s existential interest to find a compromise now to avoid the risk of a major European war.” The G7 heads of state and government must respond quickly to this offer.

At the end of the week, representatives of more than 90 countries and organizations want to speak in Switzerland about the possibilities for achieving peace in Ukraine. Russia does not participate.

Continue Reading

World

Elections in Great Britain: Poll finds the UK Reform Party ahead of the Conservative Party for the first time

Published

on

Elections in Great Britain: Poll finds the UK Reform Party ahead of the Conservative Party for the first time

Three weeks before Great Britain’s general election, the right-wing populist Reform Party of Britain is said to have overtaken Prime Minister Rishi Sunak’s conservative Conservative Party in a poll for the first time. In the institute’s published survey YouGov On behalf of the newspaper times The UK’s reform rate rose by two percentage points to 19 per cent, putting it in second place behind Labour.

According to the poll, Labor itself lost one percentage point, but is still clearly in the lead with 37 percent. President Rishi Sunak’s Conservatives remained unchanged at 18 percent, putting them in third place for the first time. Although the gap between the Conservatives and Reform in the UK is small, YouGov is already talking about a political 'earthquake’.

However, the impressive result of the poll by international opinion research institute YouGov rests on a relatively uncertain foundation. There is currently no other poll to confirm the result. YouGov surveys are based on invitations via email or in the YouGov app. There, users can answer questions on a wide range of topics. Users receive points that can be collected and redeemed for rewards.

About uncertainties in surveys

Representative surveys are always subject to errors. It can be assumed that the actual value is likely to be in the range of one to three percentage points above or below the finally declared measured values. We now show the corridor for this statistical error in our graphics of the election polls.

Results are always based on sample surveys. These services usually only cover certain parts of the population (such as people with a landline phone connection or Internet users). Some potential participants are passive and do not even want to be interviewed. Questions are sometimes misunderstood and not always answered truthfully. For example, also in response to previous surveys. However, in order to account for general opinion across all population groups, pollsters must compensate for missing measurements and suspected inaccuracies and reweight the available numbers. These (usually opaque) formulas vary between institutions and therefore lead to different data.

READ  Human meat Bolognese? A Spanish influencer eats her knee cartilage!

Survey results are always snapshots. Nothing more can be drawn from this than an approximate tendency of opinion. Even if the statements and calculations at the time of the poll’s publication were close to reality, it is still unclear whether voters surveyed at that time would actually cast their ballots later or change their minds in a short time.

The Conservatives have been in power for 14 years and are under intense pressure before the elections. In opinion polls, the Conservatives have been significantly trailing the opposition Labor Party for several months.

The Reform Party UK is the new party led by Nigel Farage, who was previously leader of the Brexit Party. With its tough anti-immigrant stance, the UK Reform Party could steal more votes from the Conservatives. Farage said in a debate on Britain’s ITV that he actually sees his party as „the opposition to Labour”.

Continue Reading

World

The United States warns of destabilization: The Israeli Finance Minister cuts off funds to the Palestinians

Published

on

The United States warns of destabilization: The Israeli Finance Minister cuts off funds to the Palestinians

The United States warns of destabilization
The Israeli Minister of Finance cuts off funds to the Palestinians

Listen to the material

This audio version was created artificially. More information | Send your opinion

Israel collects taxes and customs duties for the benefit of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank. Finance Minister Smotrich is holding back 30 million euros and wants to pay this money to the Israeli victims of the Hamas massacre. The United States rejects this step.

Far-right Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich wants to withhold funds totaling $32.5 million (about 30.3 million euros) from the Palestinian Authority and pay them instead to Israeli victims of terrorism. The minister wrote on Platform X that he had signed a similar order and spoke of “historical justice.”

Smotrich accused the Palestinian Authority of promoting terrorism and paying money to the families of terrorists and Palestinian prisoners. According to the minister, the compensation amounts determined by the Israeli courts for victims of terrorism and their families will be deducted from the funds allocated to the Palestinian Authority.

The US government criticized the minister’s move, describing it as a „highly misleading decision” that threatens to destabilize the situation in the West Bank. US State Department spokesman Matthew Miller said when asked in Washington that this conflicts with Israeli security interests. “We have made it clear to the Israeli government that this money belongs to the Palestinian people,” Miller said. “It must be transferred immediately to the Palestinian Authority. It must not be withheld. It must not be delayed.”

Payments to Hamas also stopped

Since the terrorist attack carried out by the Islamist Hamas movement on October 7, the Israeli authorities have withheld certain parts of tax and customs revenues from the Gaza Strip in order to prevent the payment of funds to Hamas.

Israel collects taxes and customs duties on behalf of the Authority. According to Norwegian information, this money constitutes about 65% of the income of the Palestinian Authority based in the West Bank, which it also uses to pay salaries. As part of an agreement with Norway, money from Israel began flowing to the Palestinian Authority again at the end of February. The Palestinian Authority pays social welfare to the families of Palestinian prisoners. The same applies to relatives of people killed by Israeli soldiers or settlers who are still alive.

READ  A particularly lucrative holiday destination in 2024 – it's worth twice as much in euros and takes less than three hours to fly
Continue Reading

Trending