Connect with us

World

A “not good” ratio: Israeli officers: For every terrorist, two civilians die

Published

on

A “not good” ratio: Israeli officers: For every terrorist, two civilians die

Relationship 'not good’
Israeli officers: For every terrorist, two civilians die

Listen to the material

This audio version was created artificially. More information | Send your opinion

Residents there are paying a heavy price in blood for Israel’s war against Hamas in the Gaza Strip: for every Hamas member killed, two civilians die. The army, which now appears to be advancing towards Khan Yunis, says the fighting will take place more precisely in the south.

According to two high-ranking Israeli officers, two civilians were killed for every Hamas fighter killed in the military operation against the Palestinian Islamist organization Hamas in the Gaza Strip. This relationship is “not good,” but using civilians as human shields is part of Hamas’ “core strategy,” a military representative, who requested to remain anonymous, said in an interview with reporters.

An officer said it was hoped that the number of civilians killed compared to fighters killed would improve „dramatically” as fighting continued in the Gaza Strip. In response to a question about information indicating that 5,000 Hamas fighters had been killed, one of the officers said that this number was “fairly accurate.” The officers said that the Israeli army is trying to keep the number of civilian casualties as low as possible. The army uses sophisticated mapping software that uses cell phone signals, aerial surveillance and artificial intelligence to determine the number of people in different areas of the Gaza Strip. In addition, in the southern Gaza Strip, where the population has nearly doubled, the army is “taking more detail” and taking “much longer” to effectively warn the civilian population.

US State Department spokesman Matthew Miller confirmed on Monday that the Israeli army will now move more precisely. Miller said „more precise evacuation orders” will be issued. Therefore, Washington hopes that far fewer people will be displaced in the south of the Gaza Strip than in the north. Recently, Israel has significantly expanded its operations in the Gaza Strip in the war against the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas and, according to eyewitnesses, advanced into the south of the area with dozens of tanks and troop carriers, among others.

During the night, there were reports that the army opened fire on targets in the Khan Yunis area. Israeli newspaper „The Times of Israel” Palestinian reports indicate that there are intense attacks by Israeli forces in the largest city in the southern part of the Gaza Strip. Eyewitnesses also said they spotted armored personnel carriers and bulldozers near Khan Yunis.

Israel contradicts the World Health Organization

Given the suffering of the civilian population, criticism of the army’s actions is increasing. Aid organizations speak of „horror” and „unbearable suffering.” James Elder, spokesman for the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), told the BBC: No one would feel safe if bombs were falling every ten minutes. The World Health Organization said that a medical camp in the southern Gaza Strip was evacuated on Israeli orders. The World Health Organization said the army warned that ground operations would make the camp inaccessible. The Israeli Ministry of Defense denies this.

Hamas killed more than 1,200 people, including at least 850 civilians, in its terrorist attack on Israel on October 7. According to the Hamas-controlled Ministry of Health, nearly 15,900 people have been killed so far in Israeli counterattacks. The number of casualties cannot currently be independently verified, but the United Nations and other observers point out that the authority’s figures have generally proven reliable in the past. Hamas kidnapped about 240 people from Israel to the Gaza Strip. Israel believes that 137 of them are still in the hands of terrorists, including 15 women and two children. According to an army spokesman, the army has intelligence information about the whereabouts of the hostages still being held in the Gaza Strip.

READ  Trump violates the speech ban - Judge saves the former president from prison
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Another defeat for Haley: Trump wins the Missouri primary

Published

on

Another defeat for Haley: Trump wins the Missouri primary

Another defeat for Haley
Trump wins the Missouri primary

Listen to the material

This audio version was created artificially. More information | Send your opinion

Things are not looking good for Republican Nikki Haley in the presidential race. Her opponent, former President Donald Trump, has won against her in all previous primaries – and now also in Missouri. Whether the former US ambassador will remain in the game can be seen on Super Tuesday.

A few days before the so-called Super Tuesday, former US President Donald Trump won another primary victory in the Missouri primary. According to consistent projections from US radio stations, the Republican triumphed over in-party rival Nikki Haley in the Midwestern state – as he has done in all conservative primaries so far this year.

Thus, the 77-year-old right-wing populist is widening his lead over the former US ambassador to the United Nations in the Republican presidential race. It is now almost certain that Trump will win the national primaries and thus run for the Republican Party in the presidential election scheduled for November 5.

Will Hailey throw in the towel?

The decision could be issued next Tuesday: On Super Tuesday, Republicans will hold primaries in 15 states, including the most populous US states, California and Texas. Hailey is expected to give up if she doesn't succeed again that day.

The primaries for President Joe Biden's Republicans and Democrats will continue until the beginning of June. The Republican Party nominating convention is scheduled to be held July 15-18 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. An opinion poll published on Saturday showed that Trump would have a good chance of defeating Biden in the fall presidential elections. In the New York Times poll, the former president received 48 percent and the current president received only 43 percent.

READ  Climate Policy in Europe: Two Roast Men
Continue Reading

World

A man helps in a traffic accident and learns that his son is the deceased

Published

on

A man helps in a traffic accident and learns that his son is the deceased

A tragedy occurred in the American state of New York. When a 29-year-old woman died in a highway accident in the small town of Binghamton, a Department of Transportation employee rushed to the scene to put her safe, reports said. „Fox News” . What an employee named Corey Peschorner only discovered at the scene: The dead man was his son, Tyler.

“This is our worst nightmare,” Bischorner said. “When we started securing the site, we said [im Team] Nor will family life today be turned upside down! “I didn’t know that this would be my life and my family’s life.”

The driver committed a hit-and-run accident

Reports stated that the cause of the accident is unknown, as is the identity of the driver who contributed to Tyler's death „picture” . The driver committed a hit-and-run accident. A fact that only serves to fuel the Peschorner family's trauma.

“I don't want to hate, I don't want to get angry because it won't change anything [meinen Sohn] „He'll be back,” Tyler's mother, Shanae, told Fox News. But Tyler's seven-year-old son simply couldn't handle the loss.

“He’s struggling,” Shanay said. „[Seit Tylers Tod] He keeps saying he's all alone. He says: “Now there is no one but me!” So I told him: No, we are all with you.

“There is a fundraising campaign on the website.” Gofundme “It was launched to support Tyler's surviving family.

READ  Zelensky complains of the "madness" of the Russian leadership
Continue Reading

World

War | Saint Petersburg: A drone hits a residential building

Published

on

War |  Saint Petersburg: A drone hits a residential building

A drone crashes into an apartment building in St. Petersburg

from dpa, France Press agency, Reuters, LMK, BM, Christian Solidarity International, Such and such, Copy, Lex, For you, the

Updated March 2, 2024 – 9:53 AMReading time: 37 minutes.

Zoom in on the imageA Russian security officer stands in front of a damaged apartment building in St. Petersburg: the impact of a Ukrainian drone may be responsible for the damage. (Source: Stringer/Reuters Photos)
Post it on FacebookShare on x.comShare on PinterestShare on WhatsApp

Canada does not rule out deploying troops in Ukraine. There have been Russian drone attacks on Odessa. More information in the news blog.

The most important things at a glance


Ukrainian drone attack? Evacuation of an apartment building in St. Petersburg

9:29 AM: In St. Petersburg, two buildings were damaged and residents were evacuated. Residents describe a loud explosion and the shattering of windows. City Governor Alexander Beglov reported an incident that occurred in the Krasnogvardeisky district, without giving details. There were no injuries.

Resident Elena told Reuters news agency: “At first I heard a whistle because I had just opened the window. Then a bang, flames, and an apartment full of smoke. The window flew out.” Russian media reported that the accident may have been caused by a Ukrainian drone. The drone's target may have been the nearby oil depot in Roche.

The death toll rises after the attack on Odessa

8.45 AM: According to Ukrainian reports, two people were killed in a drone attack on a residential building in Odessa. Authorities said eight others were injured and six were missing. 18 apartments were destroyed,” President Volodymyr Zelensky wrote on the SMS Telegram service. He posted a video showing a residential building in which several floors collapsed.

Kieswetter: “Schulz is increasingly becoming a security risk.”

6:36 AM: CDU defense politician Roderich Kieswetter strongly criticized Chancellor Olaf Scholz (SPD) for ruling out the deployment of German troops in Ukraine. Schulz acts like a „peace chancellor” who seems to be doing everything to ensure that Germany does not become a war party, Kieswetter told the Tagesspiegel newspaper in Berlin. “He is embracing Russian narratives and disinformation in the hope of getting votes from the AfD and BSW.”

READ  Zelensky complains of the "madness" of the Russian leadership

“Schulz is increasingly becoming a security risk to Europe,” Kiesvetter says. “For Russia, such contacts are a sign that Russian disinformation and nuclear fear-mongering are having an impact on Europe’s most powerful economic country.” In this way, Schulz undermines European deterrence vis-à-vis Russia.

Schulz had spoken categorically against sending German soldiers after French President Emmanuel Macron did not want to rule out the deployment of NATO ground forces in Ukraine. Macron is deliberately not drawing any red lines, Kieswetter told the Tagesspiegel newspaper. This strategic ambiguity is intended to “make the West more unpredictable for Putin.”

Attacks on Odessa – The house appears to have partially collapsed

4.30 AM: Odessa Oblast Governor Oleh Kiper announced on Saturday evening that one person was killed and at least seven others were injured in a Russian drone attack on Odessa. Among the injured is a three-year-old child who is currently receiving treatment in hospital for a leg injury. Six adults are reported to be in stable condition. There is no information yet available about the victim who was killed in the attack. According to reports from N-TV, several high-rise buildings were hit and one of them partially collapsed.

Canada does not rule out deploying troops in Ukraine

12:10 AM: Canadian Defense Minister Bill Blair does not rule out his country's soldiers in Ukraine. He said in an interview with the Toronto Star newspaper that the idea of ​​deploying NATO forces was discussed at the recent NATO summit in Paris. French President Emmanuel Macron spoke for the first time about sending soldiers. According to the Defense Minister, sending a limited force would be an option for Canada. But the condition is that the soldiers are stationed far from the front and do not participate in the fighting.

READ  Devastating devastation: More than 30 killed by typhoon in the Philippines

Blair said the Canadian military already has a limited presence in Ukraine to protect Canadian diplomatic staff and has trained thousands of Ukrainian soldiers as part of the unification process. However, this mission moved from Ukraine to other countries after the Russian invasion of the country.

Continue Reading

Trending