Connect with us

World

More and more countries are reporting cases of monkeypox – Health

Published

on

A case of monkeypox was also confirmed in Germany for the first time. On Friday, the Bavarian Ministry of Health announced the infection of a 26-year-old young man from Brazil who had traveled from Portugal to Munich via Spain. He has been in the Bavarian capital for about a week, having previously visited Dusseldorf and Frankfurt am Main. It is the first ever case of monkeypox in Germany; According to the Robert Koch Institute, the virus has not been detected in this country before.

The patient has only minor symptoms with slight difficulties in swallowing and a high temperature and does not yet need any special medication. He will stay in the hospital where he is expected to be contagious for three to four weeks.

According to health authorities, the virus usually causes only mild symptoms, but it can also have severe courses. In individual cases, fatal diseases are possible. The virus is primarily transmitted by direct contact or contact with contaminated materials, and it can also be transmitted via droplets in the air over shorter distances – which is likely rare.

Federal Health Minister Karl Lauterbach was not surprised by this first discovery: „It was only a matter of time before monkeypox was discovered in Germany.” Doctors and patients in Germany are sensitized by reports from other countries. He said he does not assume that there are a large number of unreported cases in Germany at the moment. „Based on the information available so far, we assume that the virus is not easily transmitted and that this outbreak can be contained,” Lauterbach explained. There are two different types of pathogens – at the moment it can be assumed that the West African variant, which causes less severe cycles, is currently circulating, and not the Congo variant. The virus will be analyzed in more detail for clarity.

READ  Searching for the origin of Corona: WHO wants insight into Wuhan laboratories

Charity infection scientist Leif Sander sees more than 100 cases worldwide suspected or already confirmed, and it’s an extraordinarily dynamic case. „With the long incubation period, I expect another significant increase in cases,” he wrote on Twitter. It should be noted that monkeypox is not so contagious that it can be expected to spread over a wide area like Corona. „It’s very dangerous, but we are ready.”

said Fabian Linderts, founding director of the Helmholtz Institute for One Health (HIOH) in Greifswald and head of the project group, Highly Pathogenic Epidemiology at the Robert Koch Institute (RKI). Cases can be well narrowed down by contact tracing and there are effective drugs and vaccines that can be used. According to Leendertz, more data is urgently needed in order to be able to understand whether the recorded cases are related or not. It is also important to decode the genome of virus material from samples of infected people in order to check whether the pathogen has changed – eg in the direction of better transmissibility.

READ  Because of the Corona case: New Zealand enters into a national lockdown - politics abroad

Viruses have also been detected in France, Canada, Australia and the USA

Monkeypox infection is now being detected in more and more countries. France also reported its first case on Friday, and the virus has also been detected in the United States, Canada, Australia and thus other regions of the world. The extent to which the pathogen, which originated in Africa, has actually spread internationally is unclear. With so many cases, it is assumed that the virus has been spreading unnoticed for a while, said Dr. Norbert Brückmeer, president of the German Society for Sexually Transmitted Diseases. STI stands for sexually transmitted disease.

According to a media report, 30 cases have now been confirmed in Spain. The newspaper reported that there are also 23 suspected cases La Vanguardia On Friday, citing the Ministry of Health. In Portugal, according to the newspaper the public 23 cases have been confirmed. The person infected in Australia had previously returned from the United Kingdom. Meanwhile, the number of cases registered there rose from 9 to 20, British Health Minister Sajid Javid announced on Friday. The state bought the smallpox vaccine – at first it was not clear how much and who should be vaccinated with it.

The World Health Organization called for strict follow-up of all contacts of those affected. Clinics and residents should be made aware of the symptoms. Most or even all cases to date involve men, and in many cases they are reported to have had sexual contact with men. According to Brockmeyer, people who have sex with many different people are most likely to develop infections. The German newspaper „Eidshelf” warned of false conclusions and stigmatization in light of the issues faced by gay men. „Of course there is a superficial similarity between monkeypox and HIV at the time – another disease from Africa that affects gay men. But the comparison doesn’t fit in many other ways,” said AIDS spokesman Holger Wiech.

READ  The Bundestag extends the Corona emergency - 43 per cent voted against - Politics

Unlike HIV, the virus that causes monkeypox has been known for much longer in the 1980s, and has also cured the disease on its own. „It is very important for us that panic fears and unreasonable fears do not arise here.” There are still uncertainties when assessing disease severity – for example about how well immune compromised – this could include, for example, people with HIV who have not been treated for many years – coping with the disease. The disease was named monkeypox after the pathogen was first discovered in monkeys in a Danish laboratory in 1958. Experts believe that the virus actually spreads in squirrels and rodents, while monkeys and humans are considered bogus hosts.

The first monkeypox patient was described in 1970 in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. To this day, the disease is observed primarily in remote villages in the tropical rainforests of West and Central Africa. Congo was the worst affected, with more than 1,000 patients registered annually. Outside of Africa, monkeypox has only been described in a few countries; These were always imported cases.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany.

World

Italy: Verona allocates drinking water due to drought

Published

on

Open the tap and fill it with whatever you want – this is no longer possible in Verona and Pisa. Cities in northern Italy, popular with tourists, are rationing drinking water due to the ongoing drought.

Due to the weather conditions and their consequences for the water supply, Verona’s mayor has signed a decree „limiting the consumption of drinking water for private purposes,” the website of the city of 250,000 people said on Saturday.

Therefore, it is prohibited until August 31 to use drinking water to irrigate gardens and sports facilities, wash cars and fill swimming pools. Failure to comply with the ban may result in a fine of up to 500 euros.

Mayor Michel Conte also signed a similar order in Pisa: from July 11, drinking water may only be used at home in the Tuscany city popular with tourists.

Half a dozen districts have already asked the government in Rome to declare a state of emergency to allow for more aid and civil defense operations. Prime Minister Mario Draghi announced that appropriate steps may follow on Monday.

Like other European countries, Italy has experienced an unusual heat wave in recent weeks, while at the same time there has been no rain. The agriculturally important Po Valley in northern Italy is experiencing its worst drought in 70 years. According to the country’s largest farmers’ association, Coldiretti, drought threatens more than 30 percent of the country’s agricultural production and half of the livestock in the Po Valley. Parma pork is mainly produced there.

The water level in Lake Maggiore and Lake Garda is much lower than normal at this time of year. The Tiber, which flows through Rome, also has low water.

READ  Horror crimes in Florida - four dead! The 33-year-old killer also shot a baby - News Abroad

Another consequence of the drought: Electricity generation from hydropower has dropped dramatically. Hydroelectric power stations are located mainly in the mountains in the north of the country. They usually provide approximately one-fifth of the electricity needed in Italy.

Continue Reading

World

Russian forces seize strategically important oil refinery

Published

on

  1. Homepage
  2. Policy

creature:

to: Caroline Schaefer

The Russian Air Force bombed a small town in the Odessa region. The Ukrainian army reoccupied Snake Island: the situation in the news ticker.

This newsfeed is over: All current developments regarding the Ukraine war can be found in the following tape.

+++ 1.30 pm: Klaus Kleiber, a former ZDF mediator and US reporter, commented on the possible further course of the Ukraine war. In Maybrit Illner, Kleber went on what US intelligence recently confirmed: Putin’s goal remains the occupation of all of Ukraine. Kleber named Moldova and Georgia as possible next targets. According to Kleiber, the Baltic states are the „Achilles heel of NATO”. On the other hand, an attack on Poland is not a possible scenario.

+++ 12.45 pm: Michael Podoljak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, described the Russian missile attacks on apartment complexes as „bloody terrorist tactics.” He was referring to the night bombing of a small town in the Odessa region, which killed at least 19 people. Dozens were injured. Attacks are not about errors, but calculations. Contrary to Podoljak’s assessment, a Ukrainian brigadier general assumes that The obsolete Soviet missiles are the cause of civilian casualties.

+++ 12.00 pm: It appears that Russian forces have captured the Lysychansk oil refinery. This was reported by the Russian news agency RIA, on Friday afternoon, citing the Kremlin Ministry of Defense. The information cannot be independently verified.

Ukraine war
Soldier of the Russian army. © Alexey Maishev / Imago Images

+++ 11.00 am: A new mass grave has apparently been discovered in the coastal city of Mariupol. News Portal Reports back Quoting Petro Andryoshenko, adviser to the mayor. There are more than 100 bodies in the tomb. This cannot be verified independently.

+++ 10.30 am: According to the news portal report back It is reported that the death toll from Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi rose to 19. The statement cannot be independently verified.

+++ 10.10 am: According to the Ukrainian army, the death toll from the Russian missile attacks on Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi in the Odessa region has risen to at least 18. This was announced by the military governor of the Odessa region, Maxim Marchenko, on Telegram. Reportedly, at least 39 people were injured. The information cannot be independently verified.

Ukraine war: Apparently the 57th Russian colonel was killed

+++ 09.45 AM: The Russian army suffered great losses. The status report of the Ukrainian General Staff states that 35,750 soldiers have been killed since the invasion began at the end of February. There are also losses at the management level. report from independent According to it, the 57th colonel was said to have been killed. This is apparently Pavel Kislyakov. The 40-year-old was buried in Moscow on Thursday (June 30), according to the report. Kislyakov was the commander of the Russian paratroopers.

+++ 09.00 am: The British Ministry of Defense, citing intelligence, reported that Russian forces had captured the city of Previlia in the north of the Luhansk region. It is a small city with a population of only 7600. From a strategic perspective, the domestic oil refinery is more important. According to estimates from Great Britain, there is currently heavy fighting around the site. Prywillya is located near the city of Lysychansk, which, according to the regional military administration, is threatened by Russian encirclement. The city has been under siege for days, it was said several times. The information provided by the UK Ministry of Defense cannot be independently verified.

Ukraine war: At least 17 dead in Russian missile strikes

+++ 8.30 am: At least 17 people were killed in rocket attacks on the city of Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi, Odessa region. A spokesman for the Odessa Regional Military Administration, Serhiy Prachuk, said on Telegram that three shells landed on a residential property. Among other things, an entertainment center was targeted. The situation on the ground is chaotic and the information cannot be independently verified. a videowhich from the news portal back Shows the extent of the damage. The residential area is like a field of rubble.

+++ 7.30 am: At least 14 people were killed in a Russian missile attack on an apartment building in the Odessa region of southern Ukraine, according to Ukrainian sources. Ukraine’s emergency services reported 14 dead and 30 wounded on Friday. Among the wounded were three children. Rescue work will continue, but it will be complicated by a fire. A spokesman for the Odessa Regional Administration, Serhiy Prachuk, said earlier that the missile hit a nine-storey apartment building in the Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi district, about 80 kilometers south of the coastal city of Odessa. The missile was launched from an aircraft flying over the Black Sea. According to Ukrainian sources, the apartment building was partially destroyed in the attack. Rescue workers initially reported six dead and seven wounded. The death toll later rose to 10 and then 14.

First report on Friday, July 1 at 6:30 a.m.: Kyiv – The situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains extremely dangerous. As Russia displays its military supremacy in eastern Ukraine, Kyiv At least celebrate the restoration of Snake Island in the Black Sea.

The Ukrainian head of state stressed that the withdrawal of Russian forces would allow Ukraine to be in a better situation Volodymyr Zelensky. „Snake Island is a strategic point, and this changes the situation in the Black Sea dramatically,” he said in his daily video address on Friday evening (July 1).

Ukraine news: Snake Island retake – Russian army is currently restricted

Even if this does not guarantee security, the freedom of action of the Russian army is significantly restricted. According to the Ukrainian military, Snake Island allows control of parts of the Ukrainian coast and shipping lanes.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian authorities reported a missile attack on the coastal city of Odessa. As a result, at least ten people were killed. Serhiy Prachuk, head of the local military administration, said the missile hit a nine-storey apartment building. Kyiv believes the missile was launched from a Russian military aircraft over the Black Sea.

Ukraine war: Lysychansk threatened with encirclement

Fighting also continues in eastern Ukraine. In Lysychansk in the Luhansk region, defenders say they are threatened with encirclement. The General Staff said that the refinery, which is located seven kilometers west of the city, erupted into a fight. Russian troops were advancing on the city from the south, and fighting was also continuing on the city’s western and southern borders. The refinery has already been portrayed as completely occupied in the Russian media. The former city of Lysichansk is the last largest city in Luhansk not yet under Russian control.

In neighboring Donetsk, on the other hand, Russian advances near Sloviansk and Bakhmut were repulsed, the General Staff said. Along the front line, Ukrainian positions were constantly bombarded with artillery and aerial bombardment, she said. “The superiority of the occupiers in terms of firepower is very noticeable,” Zelensky said about the situation in the East. Russia depends on its reserves for this. (Cas/dpa)

READ  Expert Ischinger: "Soon it will be about power in Kabul"
Continue Reading

World

Saturday 7 July 2022 Lotto: current winning numbers

Published

on

Depending on the correctly typed number or the correct distinct number, there are a total of nine categories for prizes. To win, at least two numbers must be written correctly and the super number must be correct.

profit amount

The amount of the award depends on the award category and stake. The higher the correct numbers, the better the prize category and the amount paid. The sum of the money distributed over the nine prize categories corresponds to 50 percent of the stake. Thus the amount won is higher when the maximum number of tickets has been played and the fewest number of players have guessed the correct numbers.

Prospect

According to www.lotto.de, the chance of winning the first place, i.e. six correct numbers plus a perfect number, is about 1:140 million. Since September 23, 2020, the odds of winning for the individual categories have been configured as follows.

Class correct number Payment part earnings 1 chance for
1 6 true + SZ 15 percent 1 x 139.838.160
2 6 of them are correct 15 percent 9 times 15,537,573
3 5 true + SZ 5.2 percent 258 times 542.008
4 5 of them are correct 15.5 percent 2,322 times 60223
5 4 true + SZ 4.3 percent 13.545 times 10,324
6 4 right 10.2 percent x121,905x 1.147
7 3 true + SZ 8.7 percent 246820x 567
VIII 3 right 41.1 percent 2,221,380x 63
9 2 right + SZ fixed amount 1,851,150x 76

The percentages for prize categories 2 through 8 refer to the distribution of prizes remaining after deduction of the fixed prize amount in category 9 and the assignment of prize category 1.

Participation costs

Next to Lotto „6us49” You can also participate in the additional lotteries Spiel 77, Super 6 and der vortex of fortune Take part. For the Spiel 77 you pay an extra €2.50, while the Super 6 costs €1.25. You can participate in the spiral of fortune for 5.00 euros.

Compulsory distribution of the grand prize

Since September 23, 2020, the following has been applied to the compulsory payment: if the amount of the jackpot exceeds 45 million euros, there will be a guaranteed return. If a player bets on six correct numbers plus a perfect number, the jackpot amount will be played as usual. However, if a player does not reach the first-class prize again, there will be a mandatory distribution. The amount will then be credited to the Category 2 prize winner. If this is also vacant, the amount will go to the amount below it, etc. Theoretically, it is thus possible to distribute the amount to award class 9.

As of September 19, 2020, the regulation was still in effect that there would be a mandatory payout if there was no direct hit in Prize Category 1 after twelve draws.

advice: Find all lottery numbers here the past few weeks.

www.lotto.de

Continue Reading

Trending