Extreme temperatures are expected again this weekend in the western US states. The National Weather Service has issued appropriate warnings to more than 31 million people.
in large portions California And the Snowfall Accordingly, the highest level of warning applies: due to the constant heat and lack of cooling during the night, the danger is not only to the elderly or sick, but also to the entire population. Higher temperatures are also expected in Utah and Arizona.
In California’s Death Valley, which is known for its heat, temperatures can rise to over 50 degrees Celsius. The highest temperature ever measured was 56.7 degrees. This value will likely not be reached this time. It can get especially hot in Las Vegas and Sacramento:
Just last week it was one Heat wave in Northwest America And in western Canada with temperatures reaching nearly 50 degrees, hundreds of lives were killed. In the Canadian community of Lytton, about 260 kilometers northeast of Vancouver, 49.6 degrees were measured – previously the record in Canada was 45 degrees. A few days later, the village was almost completely destroyed in an inferno.
The fire department is fighting in California Against multiple fires. Calfair fire authorities reported that a fire destroyed a building near Redwood Valley in the Mendocino area. Many residents had to temporarily leave their homes. By Thursday evening, the fire was 75% under control.
The drought emergency has spread almost all over California
Due to the increasing drought and rising temperatures, California Governor Gavin Newsom called on residents of the most populous US state to save water Thursday. He said at a press conference that people should voluntarily consume 15 percent less water than last year. The appeal is addressed not only to the population in general, but also to industry and agriculture.
Citizens should take a shorter shower, reduce lawn watering more frequently and fix any leaking pipes. It’s about “common sense,” Newsom emphasized. At the same time, the Democratic politician announced that the drought emergency declared in April would be expanded for another nine to 50 of California’s 58 counties. This corresponds to about 42 percent of the state’s population.
Precipitation and snow cover in the mountains, which usually fill water reservoirs, are already at a very low level. to me Scientists are exacerbated by climate change In addition to drought, heat and extreme weather, which can contribute to more violent wildfires.
With the increase in vaccinations, the cost of rapid tests for corona can soon be affordable. Now the Ministry of Health has proposed a date. But there must be exceptions.
The Federal Ministry of Health proposes to end free rapid coronavirus checks for all citizens by mid-October. Since the direct vaccination offer can now be made to all citizens, the permanent cost to the taxpayer has not been determined, according to the ministry’s report on the additional measure in the fall and winter, which was sent to the states and the Bundestag. It is available to dpa.
So it is proposed that the federal government end offering free citizen testing to everyone in mid-October, around October 11 or 18. Only for people who cannot be vaccinated or for whom there are no general vaccination recommendations, such as women who are pregnant or under 18, should the free rapid tests continue.
“Fees don’t get charged all of a sudden overnight”
“Free citizen testing has made an important contribution to breaking the third wave and giving citizens more safety in their daily lives,” the report says. Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) and the Prime Minister as announced by the Federal Government.
Deputy spokeswoman Ulrike Demmer said rapid tests “suddenly should not become subject to fees overnight.” Since March, the federal government has been paying for at least one rapid test per week.
He uses people as weapons for his power politics. Belarusian dictator Alexander Lukashenko (66) flees the masses to Europe to take revenge on the European Union.
Since June this year, thousands of refugees have been illegally brought into the European Union across the Lithuanian border. Perhaps the reason is the EU sanctions after the Belarusian authorities hijacked a Ryanair plane at the end of May.
As of August 2, there were 3,832 migrants picked up by Lithuanian border guards in the middle of the jungle and housed in hastily set up refugee camps along the border with Belarus. 2,555 of them are Iraqis, indicating the astonishing technique used by the torture dictator.
Because of all places, there have been flights to Belarus since May 2021, which were previously suspended due to the Corona crisis and lack of demand. The BILD chronology shows how regular scheduled flights became smugglers’ flights.
► in April “Iraqi Airways” announced, as before the crisis, to connect the two capitals of the two countries with a weekly flight and a medium-sized Boeing 737 aircraft.
► Anfang Mai It was then said that they wanted to fly twice a week – with each Boeing 737-800 and thus about 180 seats per flight.
► In June, Iraqis increased the number of flights to four flights per week due to high demand. Iraqi Airways is no longer using Boeing 737s, as originally planned, but rather large-capacity Boeing 777 (“Triple Seven”) and 747s (“Jumbojet”), with a capacity of approximately 400 passengers per flight.
► AM 1. August Then the announcement that from now on there will be weekly flights from Sulaymaniyah and Erbil in the north of the country and Basra in the south, in addition to four weekly flights to Baghdad. This means that the airline will offer nearly 2,000 seats per week from Iraq to Belarus as of August!
What the airline did not reveal – return flights from Eastern Europe to Iraq are as good as empty.
The former Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania asks for Germany’s help!
This was confirmed by Linas Linkevicius (60), Lithuania’s foreign minister until last year, to BILD.
He says: “This ‘refugee influx’ is not a natural process, but an act of hybrid aggression by Belarus. It is the regime’s reaction to EU sanctions and pressure. Lukashenko threatened to flood Europe with drugs and migrants. Most of the illegal immigrants currently come from Iraq.”
According to Linkevicius, the dictator in the neighboring country “ordered his border guards not to stop migrants, but rather to help organized groups to reach the borders.” According to the former Lithuanian foreign minister, the regime of dictator Lukashenko was already promoting an “easy” route to Europe in Iraq, where even flights would be organized.
And indeed: the connection between Erbil and Minsk established on August 1 is fully booked from August 2 to October 30 – this is all 2,300 seats available for this period! It is clear that someone is buying whole sets of road tickets … with dire consequences for the EU country Lithuania.
According to Linkevicius, the situation for small Lithuania is “both logistically and materially intolerable.” No one (!) who has arrived so far has received a positive asylum decision.
Instead, Lithuania is counting on the rapid repatriation of illegal immigrants and “steps are being taken to significantly enhance border protection with Belarus. However, traffic is increasing and capacity is decreasing.” This is why the small country is reaching its limits.
The former top Lithuanian diplomat (from 2012 to 2020) is demanding “logistical and diplomatic assistance” from Germany and the European Union. The 60-year-old said clearly: “We need technical measures for border control and we need additional temporary accommodation. Tents, beds, power generators, etc.”
But not only that: Linas Linkevicius calls for a difficult path against the dictator Alexander Lukashenko and “Iraqi Airways”, who play the game of Belarusian dictatorship with refugees with full eyesight. We need more pressure and additional sanctions against Belarus, sanctions against the organizers of all stages of smuggling, and we need to pressure airlines to stop their flights. You have to admit that a large portion of the departing “tourists” do not return.
A man (48) raped and strangled journalism student Azra Gulindam Haitoglu (21 years old) in Antalya Province and buried her dismembered body in a forest.
Particularly cruel: According to identical media reports, the killer is said to have carved his name on the dead woman’s body with a razor blade.
Therefore, he is the civil engineer and real estate agent, Mustafa Murad Ayhan. He is said to have confessed to committing this atrocity. He and Haytoglu allegedly drank alcohol together, and then a “dispute” occurred, he told investigators.
A surveillance camera filmed him leaving his house with a suitcase several times on the evening of the murder. Inside: body parts. After his confession, he led the police into the woods where he buried them.
The student has been missing since last Wednesday. Around midnight, her sister called her – after which she could no longer be reached. Her body parts were not found until Monday.
After it became known, women’s rights groups called for a demonstration and criticized: “It is the patriarchal state and its anti-women policies and the judiciary that protects the perpetrators and does not conduct effective investigations.”
Here you will find content from Twitter
In order to interact with or view content from Twitter and other social networks, we need your consent.
Activate social networks
Background: Turkey withdrew from the so-called Istanbul Agreement in March. The agreement commits states to prohibit physical and psychological violence against women and also to take action against female genital mutilation, forced marriage, and forced sterilization.
In the specific case, women’s rights activists accuse investigators of locating the student’s cell phone too late.
According to the organization We Will Stop Femicide, 300 women were murdered by close men in Turkey last year alone, and the group has counted more than 140 acts since the beginning of the year.