An Italian court ends the case against the marine savior Carola Racchetti
| Reading time: 2 minutes
In 2019, Carola Rakiti and the „Sea-Watch 3” collided with a Mali Police ship while docking in Lampedusa. Now the court has ruled: your actions were not „resistance against a warship”. The case is closed.
eThe court in Agrigento, Sicily, decided to suspend proceedings against the former captain of the „Sea-Watch 3” rescue ship, Carola Racchetti, due to resistance to state authority. According to the ANSA news agency, on Wednesday, the Public Prosecution had earlier requested an end to the investigation with the German.
Racquet entered the port of the Mediterranean island of Lampedusa without permission in June 2019 on board the „Sea-Watch 3” ship and about 40 migrants on board. This was preceded by a force trial with the then Interior Minister Matteo Salvini of the right-wing Liga.
She touched an Italian financial police ship. The 33-year-old argued that the situation on board had worsened due to blockade days off Italy.
Racquet was temporarily detained after the accident. According to the report, the judge justified the situation by the fact that the captain had to enter the port. Adnkronos quoted the prosecutor as saying that she had fulfilled her „duty” with her actions. Therefore, their actions were not classified as resistance or violence against the state ship.
In January 2020, the Supreme Court of Italy also ruled in favor of the Germans regarding this dispute. At that time, prosecutors filed a complaint against Racquet’s release. The Court of Cassation rejected the objection.
Another issue of disagreement at the time between Racquet and Lega boss recently surfaced in Salvini’s favor. A Milan court canceled a lawsuit filed by Racquet on Monday. She had accused the 48-year-old of inciting crimes with hate messages. However, the judge found this claim unfounded.
Update from Saturday, July 2, 6 a.m.: Ukraine strongly condemned the Russian missile attack on an apartment building in the Odessa region of southern Ukraine, which killed at least 21 people and wounded 39 (p. update from Friday, 6:42 p.m.). President Volodymyr Zelensky spoke of „deliberate and directed Russian terrorism.” He added in a video message that no weapons or military equipment were hidden in the house – „as Russian propaganda and officials always tell about such attacks.”
At the same time, Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba accused Russia of waging war against civilians in connection with the missile attack. I urge our partners to provide Ukraine with modern missile defense systems as soon as possible. „Help us save lives and put an end to this war,” Kuleba said on Twitter.
Ukraine war: Russia appears to be attacking Snake Island with phosphorous bombs
+++ 8.44 pm: Ukraine accused the Russian army of using phosphorous bombs to attack Snake Island in the Black Sea. Ukrainian army chief Valery Zalochny wrote on Telegram that Russian forces „twice carried out air strikes with phosphorous bombs” on Friday evening. It was only on Thursday that the Russian army announced its withdrawal from the Ukrainian island, which it had occupied for four months.
+++ 6.42 pm: After the Russian missile attacks on the Odessa region in southern Ukraine, the death toll rose to 21, according to Ukrainian information. Odessa regional administration spokesman Serhiy Prachuk told Ukrainian television on Friday that at least one child, a 12-year-old boy, was among the dead. According to Ukrainian rescue workers, 39 people, including six children, were injured in the attacks in the village of Serhivka, about 80 kilometers south of the coastal city of Odessa.
According to Prachuk, the missiles were launched from fighter planes flying over the Black Sea. The projectiles hit an apartment building and a recreation center. According to rescue workers, 16 people were killed in the apartment building. Five people were killed in the recreation center, including a child. Moscow denied that the Russian army targeted civilian attacks in Ukraine. Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov stressed that the Russian armed forces „did not act against civilian targets” during their operations.
The war in Ukraine: the start of the study normally from September
+++ 5.30 pm: With the start of the new school year in September, children and youth in Kyiv should be able to return to their schools. The Ministry of Education in the Ukrainian capital announced on Friday that after the current summer holidays, there will be face-to-face lessons again. Since the Russian invasion of Ukraine on February 24, there have been only online lessons – that is, if any. Head of Education Department Olena Vidangan explained that the most important thing when starting face-to-face lessons on September 1st is “the safety of learners and teachers”. School grounds will be checked for possible explosive devices until then. In addition, at the beginning of the school year, there is a special training for all students and teachers on what to do in the event of a bomb explosion.
+++ 4.45 pm: Vladimir Kara Mersa, a critic of Putin and a prisoner in Russia, wrote a letter to the public. The Washington Post Posted this on Friday. In it, Kara Morsi denounced the fact that Vladimir Putin had abolished the last liberties of the country in a „very effective blitzkrieg.” He mentions 200 blocked media and 3000 blocked websites as examples. The reality of the war against Ukraine is „strictly hidden from the public.” Russia has evolved from an authoritarian state to a totalitarian state, according to criticism from the Kremlin and Putin in his letter. Kara-Marsa has been detained since early April. He is accused of „resisting state authority”.
Ukraine war news: Death toll rises after missile attack
+++ 3.30 pm: The death toll from Russian missile attacks near Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi in southern Ukraine near the city of Odessa has risen to at least 20, according to Ukrainian sources. The Civil Protection announced this on Friday. At first, there was talk of ten dead. At least 38 people continued to be treated in hospitals. According to the military department, a total of three Russian missiles fell. An apartment building and a recreation center were hit. X-22 missiles were launched by Russian Tu-22 bombers over the Black Sea. It is difficult to verify information from combat zones by an independent party. Since the Russian invasion began in late February, the United Nations has recorded more than 4,700 civilian deaths. However, the United Nations assumes that the number of civilian casualties will be much higher.
News about the Ukraine war: the Baltic states „NATO’s Achilles heel”
+++ 1.30 pm: Klaus Kleiber, a former ZDF mediator and US reporter, commented on the possible further course of the Ukraine war. In Maybrit Illner, Kleber went on what US intelligence recently confirmed: Putin’s goal remains the occupation of all of Ukraine. Kleber named Moldova and Georgia as possible next targets. According to Kleiber, the Baltic states are the „Achilles heel of NATO”. On the other hand, an attack on Poland is not a possible scenario.
+++ 12.45 pm: Michael Podoljak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, described the Russian missile attacks on apartment complexes as „bloody terrorist tactics.” He was referring to the night bombing of a small town in the Odessa region, which killed at least 19 people. Dozens were injured. Attacks are not about errors, but calculations. Contrary to Podoljak’s assessment, a Ukrainian brigadier general assumes that The obsolete Soviet missiles are the cause of civilian casualties.
+++ 12.00 pm: It appears that Russian forces have captured the Lysychansk oil refinery. This was reported by the Russian news agency RIA, on Friday afternoon, citing the Kremlin Ministry of Defense. The information cannot be independently verified.
Ukraine war news: New mass grave discovered in Mariupol
+++ 11.00 am: A new mass grave has apparently been discovered in the coastal city of Mariupol. News Portal Reports back Quoting Petro Andryoshenko, adviser to the mayor. There are more than 100 bodies in the tomb. This cannot be verified independently.
News of the Ukraine war: Russian missile attacks hit residential areas near Odessa
+++ 08.00 am: At least 17 people were killed in rocket attacks on the city of Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi, Odessa region. A spokesman for the Odessa Regional Military Administration, Serhiy Prachuk, said on Telegram that three shells landed on a residential property. Among other things, an entertainment center was targeted. The situation on the ground is chaotic and the information cannot be independently verified. a videowhich from the news portal back Shows the extent of the damage. The residential area is like a field of rubble.
First report from Friday, July 1, 2022 at 6:15 am: At least 14 people were killed in a Russian missile attack on an apartment building in the Odessa region of southern Ukraine, according to Ukrainian sources. Ukrainian rescue services reported 14 dead and 30 wounded on Friday. Among the wounded were three children. Rescue work will continue, but it will be complicated by a fire.
A spokesman for the Odessa Regional Administration, Serhiy Prachuk, said earlier that the missile hit a nine-storey apartment building in the Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi district, about 80 kilometers south of the coastal city of Odessa. The missile was launched from an aircraft flying over the Black Sea.
According to Ukrainian sources, the apartment building was partially destroyed in the attack. Rescue workers initially reported six dead and seven wounded. The death toll later rose to ten and then to 14. (marv/tu with AFP/dpa)
KSoon after Russia’s attack on Ukraine, Western politicians were confident: Ukraine would have to hold out until sanctions against Russia came into effect. Then Vladimir Putin will get into trouble and may have to end his war of aggression. You rarely hear this kind of sound anymore. Despite the numerous sanctions packages against Russia, the Kremlin is showing no signs of slowing or ending its brutal war in Ukraine.
Chancellor Olaf Schultz also appears to believe that sanctions will not dissuade Vladimir Putin from continuing the war for long. When asked when Putin will run out of weapons and money, Schulz said in an interview that no one really knows him.
“And so he will be able to continue the war for a really long time.” At the same time, Schultz was convinced that Putin was feeling the consequences of the sanctions, even if he „didn’t really want to admit it.” Schulz said, looking at his phone calls with the Russian president.
„You can understand that he is really hurt and that he understands the serious consequences of the sanctions on his economy.” Russia is not very advanced and needs technology from the rest of the world to bring prosperity to the people.
Confronting the president with the statement that Germany spends up to two billion dollars (about two billion euros) per month on Russian energy, Schulz did not directly disagree, but emphasized that the amount was constantly declining. Schulz explained that Putin could hardly do anything with that income. „He can’t buy anything with the money he gets from us,” Schultz said.
The reason is that the West has imposed sanctions and the technology can no longer be sold to Russia. About four weeks ago, Federal Economy Minister Robert Habeck (the Greens) made a similar statement in the Bundestag. “Putin can buy less and less with the money he earns,” the vice chancellor said at the time.
He could still supply his army, but he still suffered severely from penalties. At the same time, Habeck admitted that the income that Putin received from Germany for his energy was „harming”. “One can only be ashamed that we did not succeed in reducing dependency,” Habek said, referring to the lack of diversification prior to Russia’s attack on Ukraine. Since the beginning of the War of Aggression, Germany has reduced its dependence on Russian energy, significantly in some cases.
Meanwhile, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Russia’s withdrawal from Snake Island in the western Black Sea puts Ukraine in a better position. „Snake Island is a strategic point and this dramatically changes the situation in the Black Sea,” Zelensky said in his daily video address on Friday evening. This significantly limits the freedom of action of the Russian army, even if this does not guarantee security.
Russia occupied Snake Island shortly after attacking Ukraine on February 24. The fact that few Ukrainian soldiers in front of it rudely recommended the sunken Russian cruiser „Moskva” to go to hell made the small island famous and boosted the morale of Ukrainians. Reclaiming the island is also a symbolic success for them. In this way, Zelensky said, Russian forces would be driven out of all of Ukraine.
According to the Ukrainian military, Snake Island allows control of parts of the Ukrainian coast and shipping lanes. With the Russians withdrawing from the island, there is no need to fear the landing of Russian units in the area around the port city of Odessa. On Thursday, the Russian Defense Ministry said it would leave the island as a sign of goodwill, but the Ukrainian military responded that a series of artillery and air strikes had driven away the occupiers. Ukraine also sees this as confirmation that it can succeed militarily against Russian forces with more modern weapons.
Ukrainian sources reported that a Russian missile attack on the Odessa region killed ten people in an apartment building. Serhiy Prachuk, head of the local military administration, said the missile destroyed part of the nine-storey building. A fire broke out after the attack. The missile was launched from a Russian warplane over the Black Sea. The information cannot be independently verified.
At least 18 people were killed in a rocket attack on a shopping mall in the central Ukrainian city of Kremenchug on Monday. Russian President Vladimir Putin has denied any responsibility for his country’s armed forces.
in one an interview The Ukrainian ambassador to Germany, Andrei Melnik (46), defended Ukrainian nationalist and militia leader Stepan Bandera (1909-1959) with Internet activist Tilo Young (36).
In Germany, Israel, and many other countries, Bandera’s role in World War II is viewed with great criticism, mainly due to the cooperation of his forces with the German Nazis and their involvement in the mass murder of Jews. In western Ukraine, on the other hand, Bandera is revered as a national hero. His resistance against the Soviet occupiers and his commitment to Ukraine’s independence were glorified. His admirers in Ukraine still deny Bandera’s responsibility for the massacres of Jews.
The „Organization of Ukrainian Nationalists”, the leadership of which belongs to Bandera, represents radical anti-Semitic views, that is, Jews hated like the Nazis themselves. Units of the organization participated in many murders in cooperation with Nazi German forces. The victims were Jewish civilians.
Shortly after the invasion of the German Wehrmacht, Bandera attempted to install an independent Ukrainian government. The German occupiers then deported him to the Sachsenhausen concentration camp. In 1944 Bandera was released from prison. This was unusual! He should support Germany in the war against the Soviet Union. After the war Bandera lived in Germany, in 1959 he was killed in Munich by a KGB agent.
In an interview with Jung, Melnyk, who previously spoke favorably about Bandera, rejected all allegations. „He did not order the extermination of the Jews,” said the Ukrainian ambassador. Several historians have researched this matter. „There is no evidence, so I won’t walk away from it.”
„There is no evidence that Bandera’s forces killed hundreds of thousands of Jews,” Melnik said. Bandera was not a „mass killer” of Jews and Poles. „I’m not going to tell you today that I distance myself from that and that’s it.”
But historians and Jewish organizations outside Ukraine see things differently! In 2010, the then President of Ukraine Viktor Yushchenko (68) was posthumously awarded the “Hero of Ukraine” award. At the time, the international community as well as Jewish organizations expressed clear criticism. The Simon Wiesenthal Center (SWC), which fights Jew-hatred worldwide, expressed „deep disgust” and condemned the award, noting that Bandera supporters „killed thousands of Jews and others in World War II”.
The fact also includes: to justify the aggressive and criminal war against Ukraine, Russian politicians and their fans currently describe Ukraine as a country ruled by „Nazis”. The Jewish President of Ukraine, Volodymyr Zelensky (44), is also insulted by the Russians as a Nazi.