Connect with us

World

Attack in Kabul: At least 108 dead after ISIS attacks on airport

Published

on

foreign countries Kabul Airport

At least 13 US soldiers and 95 Afghans were killed in ISIS attacks

ISIS claims assassination attempt, Biden announces revenge

US President Joe Biden threatens to retaliate after ISIS terrorist attack. Among the victims were many children and American soldiers. Now the United States plans to attack the extremists itself. Evacuations will continue.

At this point you will find content from Podigee

To interact with or view content from Podigee and other social networks, we need your consent.

At least 13 US soldiers and 95 Afghans were killed in bombings at Kabul airport. ISIS suicide bombers blew themselves up in front of an entrance and a hotel. Meanwhile, the German army completed the evacuations.

WA few days before the final withdrawal of their soldiers from Afghanistan, the killers gave the US armed forces worst losses Added for ten years. in a two enormous Explosions at Kabul airport 13 American soldiers and at least 95 civilians killing. Previously, Afghan and US officials spoke of killing 13 US soldiers and killing at least 60 Afghans. A branch of the jihadist militia claimed responsibility for the attack Islamic country (He is). US President Joe Biden declared revenge.

It ended almost at the same time as the double attack Armed forces they evacuation flights All German forces were expelled from the country. The departure of the last German plane came immediately after the explosions. According to Defense Minister Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, 5,347 people from at least 45 countries were evacuated within eleven days, including about 500 Germans. Italy, Spain and the Netherlands have also ended evacuation flights. France flies people for the last time on Friday morning at the latest.

At the time of the bombings, thousands of people were waiting in front of Kabul airport for a seat on one of the last western evacuation planes. The US Army secures the airport grounds and access gates with 5,800 troops. German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said, Thursday, that according to previous information, Germans were not among the victims.

Satellite image of the airport in Kabul

What: AP / Staff

The US Department of Defense announced that an attack took place in front of the entrance to Abbey Gate Airport, and another at the nearby Baron Hotel. 18 US soldiers were wounded.

ISIS reported attacking it Propaganda Splashruhr Deeps, a fighter from ISIS’s regional branch in Khorasan (ISK) has overcome all security barriers and American soldiers can approach “no more than five metres”. Then he let his explosive belt explode.

The commander of US Central Command, General Kenneth McKenzie, said soldiers had no choice but to approach people to check their papers and look for dangerous objects before they were allowed to enter the runway. “We can’t do that from a distance,” McKenzie said.

Afghanistan

Afghan wounded in hospital

Source: Associated Press / Muhammad Asif Khan

to me United States of America Is this the worst attack more than . ago ten Years. On August 6, 2011, a Chinook helicopter was shot down in Wardak Province, Afghanistan. 30 US military personnel were killed in the process. During two decades of operations in Afghanistan, 1,909 American soldiers were killed in the attacks.

our president Joe Biden Revenge was announced for those responsible for the attacks in Kabul. “We do not forgive. We will not forget,” Biden said at the White House. “We will hunt you down and make you pay for it.”

Read also

Joe Biden during his speech -

Biden launches attacks in Kabul

The White House ordered American flags to be flown in the presidential seat and on all public buildings and military bases. A meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett has been rescheduled to Friday at 11:30 a.m. (5:30 p.m. CET).

Merkel: “A utterly despicable attack”

Advisor Angela Merkel (CDU) said the incident was “a very despicable attack in a very tense situation”. Merkel condemned the violence at Kabul airport, where thousands of people seeking “security and freedom” had hoped for one of the last evacuation flights. The chancellor canceled a trip to Israel scheduled for the weekend.

The United States and other Western countries recently issued urgent warnings of attacks on Kabul airport. A large-scale evacuation from the airport has been underway for days to bring foreigners and vulnerable Afghans to safety by air after the Taliban came to power. So far, according to US data, more than 100,000 people have managed to leave the country in this way.

Taliban condemns attack

The Taliban condemned the attacks. “The Islamic Emirate strongly condemns the bomb attack on civilians at Kabul airport,” a Taliban spokesman said on Twitter.

US General McKenzie said: “We expect these attacks to continue.” The United Nations announced a Security Council meeting on the Afghanistan crisis on Monday.

READ  Attack in Kabul: Girls being targeted by terrorists
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany. Wymagane pola są oznaczone *

World

Kosovo police in the border area: Serbia puts its forces on alert

Published

on

Kosovo police officers in the border area
Serbia puts its forces on alert

After protests by the Serb minority, the Kosovo government sends elite units to the border. Belgrade feels provoked by this step and takes countermeasures.

Due to the stationing of special units of the Kosovo Police in the border area, which was considered a “provocation”, Serbia put its army on high alert. The Ministry of Defense in Belgrade said that after the “provocation” by the Kosovo special forces, Serbian President Aleksandar Vucic issued an order to put some units of the Serbian army and police on high alert. The European Union and NATO called on both sides to exercise restraint.

The Kosovo Police Special Forces were previously deployed at two border crossings in the north of the country. The region is mostly home to members of the Serb ethnic minority who do not recognize the authority of the ethnic Albanian-led government in the capital, Pristina.

Protests after license plate bans

Police units were stationed in accordance with an order from the Kosovo government, according to which drivers with Serbian license plates are required to put on temporary license plates when entering Kosovo. Hundreds of Serbs have protested this demand every day since the order was issued last Monday and have used vehicles to block traffic at border crossings.

In Belgrade’s view, Kosovar registration plates from Kosovo indicate its status as an independent state. Kosovo seceded from Serbia in 2008. However, the government in Belgrade still does not recognize independence and considers Kosovo a breakaway province. Russia, an ally of Serbia, unlike most Western countries, including the USA, does not recognize the independence of Kosovo.

NATO calls for moderation

Kosovo’s President, Fiusa Osmani, has cut short her visit to the United Nations in New York due to developments in her country. Albania expressed concern about the recent “escalation of the situation” and called on Serbia to withdraw its forces from the border area.

Josep Borrell, the European Union representative for foreign affairs, called on the two sides to calm the situation. The special police force must be withdrawn immediately. “Any other provocation or unilateral and uncoordinated action is unacceptable,” he said.

NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg also called for moderation. “It is important that Belgrade and Pristina exercise restraint and resume dialogue,” he said on Twitter after a phone call with Serbian President and Kosovo Prime Minister Albin Kurti.

READ  Injury to 600 among young people: Spain dances on the delta wave
Continue Reading

World

Huawei CEO: A propaganda reception for Meng in China

Published

on

Starting from: 09/26/2021 9:27 AM

Huawei CEO Meng has returned to China – the state media has portrayed him as a folk hero. No mention was made of the release of Canadians. Critics speak of “hostage diplomacy”.

Written by Stephen Wurzel, ARD-Studio Shanghai

Hundreds of people gathered at the airport in the southern Chinese city of Shenzhen that evening to receive Meng Wanzhou. The videos show women and men waving flags and singing the Chinese national anthem.

“A Thousand Days of Torture” under house arrest in a villa

After the CFO of technology group Huawei got off the plane waving and smiling happily, he gave a short speech on the runway. “After more than a thousand days of torture, I returned to the bosom of my homeland. The long wait in a foreign land was full of struggle and suffering,” said Meng, who posed in front of the cameras wearing a red dress. , the color of Chinese happiness as well as the ruling Communist Party.

Chinese state media broadcast the triumphant and nationalist Meng’s arrival online and on television. According to the government propaganda newspaper Huanqiu Shibao, also known as the Global Times, more than 60 million people in the People’s Republic have watched the director’s arrival.

Party visits and shopping tours

Meng was arrested in Canada in late 2018 on a US judicial arrest warrant. The accusation: You should have helped circumvent US sanctions against the Iranian leadership. Meng was placed under house arrest shortly thereafter and has since waited in one of her two villas in the western Canadian city of Vancouver for possible extradition to the United States. The 49-year-old had to wear an electronic ankle bracelet, but he had a lot of freedom; Meng has been repeatedly photographed attending concerts and intense shopping trips.

READ  Biden nominates Trump critics as chief of US Border Police

After returning to China in the evening, she thanked Chinese Head of State and Government Xi Jinping. He worries about the safety of every Chinese citizen, “including my country, and has not lost sight of my plight. I thank the great motherland, the people, the patronage of the Communist Party, the government and the people who stand together take care of me.”

Meng thanked “the homeland, the people and President Xi” pitifully.

Two Canadians arrested in retaliation

Obviously, in response to pressure on the director of Huawei for free, the state and party leadership of China arrested two Canadians at the end of 2018: businessman Michael Spavor and former Canadian diplomat Michael Kovrig. Both were accused of espionage and held in solitary confinement in China for nearly three years in inhumane conditions.

After a legal deal with the US judiciary, Meng was able to leave Canada on Friday. Shortly thereafter, Spavor and Kovrig were placed on a Canadian government plane in China and departed China for Canada. Diplomats from the participating countries have been searching behind the scenes for a face-saving solution for all parties in recent years.

China’s “Hostage Diplomacy”

Human rights groups are now talking about the “successful hostage diplomacy” of the communist government. This has repeatedly claimed that there is no connection between the Meng, Kovrig, and Spavor cases.

From the point of view of Western diplomats and human rights groups, the events of the past few hours prove otherwise. Sophie Richardson, China director of Human Rights Watch, said the Canadians’ release a few hours after Meng’s house arrest ended shows that “the Chinese leadership is willing to use innocents as a bargaining chip to get what they want from other countries.” . “This is a worrying development.”

READ  Attack in Kabul: Girls being targeted by terrorists

The case has been dismantled as propaganda

Chinese state media represent Meng’s return as a victory for state and party leadership over the Western world. The English-language China Daily wrote that Meng was arrested in Canada because China is a rising power – which is precisely why Meng is now released.

So far, the media in China has not said a word about the fact that the Huawei director has been de facto exchanged with Canadians imprisoned in the People’s Republic of China.

Continue Reading

World

Official request denied: Taliban not allowed to speak at UN debate

Published

on

Rejection of the official request
The Taliban are not allowed to speak at the UN debate

Who represents Afghanistan in the United Nations? This is what the Taliban want to do in the public debate on Monday. But your application is still unsuccessful. It remains unclear who will speak for the state in New York in the future.

Despite their request, the Taliban is unlikely to appear in the general debate at the United Nations General Assembly. The representative officially registered as Afghanistan’s spokesperson for Monday is the former ambassador to the United Nations, Ghulam Isakzai. This was announced by UN spokesman Stephane Dujarric.

After taking power in Afghanistan, the hardline Islamist Taliban movement applied to the United Nations to formally represent the country on the UN podium – whether through a speech at the current public debate or by nominating an ambassador designated to replace Isakzai. The decision on this is now up to the responsible UN Accreditation Committee. But so far, there has been no scheduled meeting of the commission, which is why the former ambassador to Afghanistan retains his position at least temporarily.

The committee is made up of representatives from nine member states – the USA, Russia, China, Sweden, Namibia, the Bahamas, Bhutan, Sierra Leone and Chile – and decides the representatives, and thus which leaders of the countries are recognized by the United Nations. In practice, the commission is dominated by Washington, Moscow and Beijing.

The Taliban seized power in Afghanistan in mid-August. Former President Ashraf Ghani had previously fled the country. Germany, the United States and other Western countries are in talks with them but do not recognize them as legitimate governments.

READ  Attack in Kabul: Girls being targeted by terrorists
Continue Reading

Trending