Connect with us

World

After confirming the case: Sweden declares monkeypox dangerous to the public

Published

on

After confirming the case
Sweden declares monkeypox a public health threat

In order to be able to take measures to protect against infection, Sweden classifies monkeypox as a serious disease. In Belgium, cases of the virus appear to be linked to the fetish festival. In Spain, saunas must be closed for the time being following the suspected outbreak.

After the first confirmed case of monkeypox infection in Sweden, the country’s government has classified the rare viral disease as dangerous to the general public. „The classification makes it possible to take measures to prevent infection in order to prevent the spread of the disease,” Social Affairs Minister Lena Hallengren explained. It is also important that information reaches at-risk groups and that health services are ready to treat and follow up on suspected cases. In Sweden, the first case of monkeypox was recorded in the Stockholm region on Thursday.

In Belgium, cases of monkeypox appear to be linked to a major fetish festival in Antwerp. Organizers of the Darklands Festival, which took place in early May, said Belgian authorities had linked the infection to the festival. Belgium has so far officially confirmed three cases of monkeypox. In Spain, a gay sauna has been forced to close temporarily due to a suspected link to an outbreak of monkeypox.

Belgian festival organizers said on their website that there was a „reasonable assumption” that the virus may have been transmitted by visitors from abroad. The Belgian government asked the festival management to inform the festival guests. According to the organizers, the Darklands Festival targets „different groups of the gay fetish community”. According to the organizers, clubs and organizations are behind the festival and more than 150 volunteers are working in it. Trade events are held during the day and parties in the evening.

The first case in Germany

In the Spanish capital, Madrid, health authorities have ordered the temporary closure of a gay sauna due to a suspected link to an outbreak of monkeypox. The operator announced on Twitter that the sauna club „El Paraíso” will remain closed for the next few days „as a precaution”. Enrique Ruiz Escudero, representative of the health authorities in the Madrid region, said that the authorities have recorded 21 confirmed cases and 19 suspected cases. Most of those who have tested positive for the virus have had contact with a sauna.

Monkeypox, which is particularly prevalent in Central and West Africa, has been detected in many countries of Europe and North America since the beginning of May. After the first cases in Great Britain, there were also reports from the United States and several European countries. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), gay or bisexual men are the most affected.

This Friday, monkeypox was also detected in Germany for the first time. According to the Bavarian Ministry of Health, he was a 26-year-old Brazilian who entered Germany from Portugal via Spain and stayed in Munich for about a week. According to Federal Health Minister Karl Lauterbach, it is assumed that the outbreak can be contained.

READ  ++ Ukraine war: help for Russia? 'Credible evidence' against China
Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Twój adres e-mail nie zostanie opublikowany.

World

Many dead and injured after the avalanche at the top of the Dolomites

Published

on

READ  Skripal's killers: did they bomb the Czech Republic in 2014? Domestic policy
Continue Reading

World

Italy: Verona allocates drinking water due to drought

Published

on

Open the tap and fill it with whatever you want – this is no longer possible in Verona and Pisa. Cities in northern Italy, popular with tourists, are rationing drinking water due to the ongoing drought.

Due to the weather conditions and their consequences for the water supply, Verona’s mayor has signed a decree „limiting the consumption of drinking water for private purposes,” the website of the city of 250,000 people said on Saturday.

Therefore, it is prohibited until August 31 to use drinking water to irrigate gardens and sports facilities, wash cars and fill swimming pools. Failure to comply with the ban may result in a fine of up to 500 euros.

Mayor Michel Conte also signed a similar order in Pisa: from July 11, drinking water may only be used at home in the Tuscany city popular with tourists.

Half a dozen districts have already asked the government in Rome to declare a state of emergency to allow for more aid and civil defense operations. Prime Minister Mario Draghi announced that appropriate steps may follow on Monday.

Like other European countries, Italy has experienced an unusual heat wave in recent weeks, while at the same time there has been no rain. The agriculturally important Po Valley in northern Italy is experiencing its worst drought in 70 years. According to the country’s largest farmers’ association, Coldiretti, drought threatens more than 30 percent of the country’s agricultural production and half of the livestock in the Po Valley. Parma pork is mainly produced there.

The water level in Lake Maggiore and Lake Garda is much lower than normal at this time of year. The Tiber, which flows through Rome, also has low water.

READ  ++ Ukraine war: help for Russia? 'Credible evidence' against China

Another consequence of the drought: Electricity generation from hydropower has dropped dramatically. Hydroelectric power stations are located mainly in the mountains in the north of the country. They usually provide approximately one-fifth of the electricity needed in Italy.

Continue Reading

World

Russian forces seize strategically important oil refinery

Published

on

  1. Homepage
  2. Policy

creature:

to: Caroline Schaefer

The Russian Air Force bombed a small town in the Odessa region. The Ukrainian army reoccupied Snake Island: the situation in the news ticker.

This newsfeed is over: All current developments regarding the Ukraine war can be found in the following tape.

+++ 1.30 pm: Klaus Kleiber, a former ZDF mediator and US reporter, commented on the possible further course of the Ukraine war. In Maybrit Illner, Kleber went on what US intelligence recently confirmed: Putin’s goal remains the occupation of all of Ukraine. Kleber named Moldova and Georgia as possible next targets. According to Kleiber, the Baltic states are the „Achilles heel of NATO”. On the other hand, an attack on Poland is not a possible scenario.

+++ 12.45 pm: Michael Podoljak, an adviser to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, described the Russian missile attacks on apartment complexes as „bloody terrorist tactics.” He was referring to the night bombing of a small town in the Odessa region, which killed at least 19 people. Dozens were injured. Attacks are not about errors, but calculations. Contrary to Podoljak’s assessment, a Ukrainian brigadier general assumes that The obsolete Soviet missiles are the cause of civilian casualties.

+++ 12.00 pm: It appears that Russian forces have captured the Lysychansk oil refinery. This was reported by the Russian news agency RIA, on Friday afternoon, citing the Kremlin Ministry of Defense. The information cannot be independently verified.

Ukraine war
Soldier of the Russian army. © Alexey Maishev / Imago Images

+++ 11.00 am: A new mass grave has apparently been discovered in the coastal city of Mariupol. News Portal Reports back Quoting Petro Andryoshenko, adviser to the mayor. There are more than 100 bodies in the tomb. This cannot be verified independently.

+++ 10.30 am: According to the news portal report back It is reported that the death toll from Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi rose to 19. The statement cannot be independently verified.

+++ 10.10 am: According to the Ukrainian army, the death toll from the Russian missile attacks on Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi in the Odessa region has risen to at least 18. This was announced by the military governor of the Odessa region, Maxim Marchenko, on Telegram. Reportedly, at least 39 people were injured. The information cannot be independently verified.

Ukraine war: Apparently the 57th Russian colonel was killed

+++ 09.45 AM: The Russian army suffered great losses. The status report of the Ukrainian General Staff states that 35,750 soldiers have been killed since the invasion began at the end of February. There are also losses at the management level. report from independent According to it, the 57th colonel was said to have been killed. This is apparently Pavel Kislyakov. The 40-year-old was buried in Moscow on Thursday (June 30), according to the report. Kislyakov was the commander of the Russian paratroopers.

+++ 09.00 am: The British Ministry of Defense, citing intelligence, reported that Russian forces had captured the city of Previlia in the north of the Luhansk region. It is a small city with a population of only 7600. From a strategic perspective, the domestic oil refinery is more important. According to estimates from Great Britain, there is currently heavy fighting around the site. Prywillya is located near the city of Lysychansk, which, according to the regional military administration, is threatened by Russian encirclement. The city has been under siege for days, it was said several times. The information provided by the UK Ministry of Defense cannot be independently verified.

Ukraine war: At least 17 dead in Russian missile strikes

+++ 8.30 am: At least 17 people were killed in rocket attacks on the city of Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi, Odessa region. A spokesman for the Odessa Regional Military Administration, Serhiy Prachuk, said on Telegram that three shells landed on a residential property. Among other things, an entertainment center was targeted. The situation on the ground is chaotic and the information cannot be independently verified. a videowhich from the news portal back Shows the extent of the damage. The residential area is like a field of rubble.

+++ 7.30 am: At least 14 people were killed in a Russian missile attack on an apartment building in the Odessa region of southern Ukraine, according to Ukrainian sources. Ukraine’s emergency services reported 14 dead and 30 wounded on Friday. Among the wounded were three children. Rescue work will continue, but it will be complicated by a fire. A spokesman for the Odessa Regional Administration, Serhiy Prachuk, said earlier that the missile hit a nine-storey apartment building in the Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi district, about 80 kilometers south of the coastal city of Odessa. The missile was launched from an aircraft flying over the Black Sea. According to Ukrainian sources, the apartment building was partially destroyed in the attack. Rescue workers initially reported six dead and seven wounded. The death toll later rose to 10 and then 14.

First report on Friday, July 1 at 6:30 a.m.: Kyiv – The situation in eastern and southern Ukraine remains extremely dangerous. As Russia displays its military supremacy in eastern Ukraine, Kyiv At least celebrate the restoration of Snake Island in the Black Sea.

The Ukrainian head of state stressed that the withdrawal of Russian forces would allow Ukraine to be in a better situation Volodymyr Zelensky. „Snake Island is a strategic point, and this changes the situation in the Black Sea dramatically,” he said in his daily video address on Friday evening (July 1).

Ukraine news: Snake Island retake – Russian army is currently restricted

Even if this does not guarantee security, the freedom of action of the Russian army is significantly restricted. According to the Ukrainian military, Snake Island allows control of parts of the Ukrainian coast and shipping lanes.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian authorities reported a missile attack on the coastal city of Odessa. As a result, at least ten people were killed. Serhiy Prachuk, head of the local military administration, said the missile hit a nine-storey apartment building. Kyiv believes the missile was launched from a Russian military aircraft over the Black Sea.

Ukraine war: Lysychansk threatened with encirclement

Fighting also continues in eastern Ukraine. In Lysychansk in the Luhansk region, defenders say they are threatened with encirclement. The General Staff said that the refinery, which is located seven kilometers west of the city, erupted into a fight. Russian troops were advancing on the city from the south, and fighting was also continuing on the city’s western and southern borders. The refinery has already been portrayed as completely occupied in the Russian media. The former city of Lysichansk is the last largest city in Luhansk not yet under Russian control.

In neighboring Donetsk, on the other hand, Russian advances near Sloviansk and Bakhmut were repulsed, the General Staff said. Along the front line, Ukrainian positions were constantly bombarded with artillery and aerial bombardment, she said. “The superiority of the occupiers in terms of firepower is very noticeable,” Zelensky said about the situation in the East. Russia depends on its reserves for this. (Cas/dpa)

READ  Forest fires: 400 fires in Greece in 24 hours - News Abroad
Continue Reading

Trending